Review Highlights

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C l
Montreal, Canada
via mobile

All reviews rose island rum punch majestic tours paradise island fish day trip great sailing flowed freely five hours awesome trip rice great staff crystal clear waters a lot of fun snorkeling experience nice ride other islands
Reviewed 3 days ago

Did their full day trip, with snorkeling at Rose Island. Staff first rate -- and particularly so with the snorkeling -- spent time before we got there giving hints about how to do -- even I learned few things, and I've been snorkeling good number of times before. Was our first time ever on a catamaran, and learned it's lot easier getting off/on than regular boat -- will keep in mind in future. the rum punch after snorkeling was done was bit watered down compared to some other trips of this sort, but that was more than offset by the rest of experience. They arranged for the transportation from our resort and back, so that was not issue. Would strongly recommend if on New Providence and looking for fun day trip.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Super. Very nice staff and good spots for snorkelling. We did the half day trip and were able to snorkel more than 1 hr. We stayed almost to 2 hr on the spot.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this through our hotel despite some of the negative reviews. Our experience was excellent. They picked us up in a very nice and comfy bus with plenty of AC blowing cold. After a short wait on the pier we boarded with plenty of help from the crew. We were able to pay M&M with an American Express, no hassle. We took very pleasant ride out to Rose Island and anchored just off shore next to a coral reef about 8 feet down. One of the crew came with us to help anyone who needed it. They gave us decent equipment and had many sizes of flippers. They also used snorkel vest that were easy to adjust for flotation.
We snorkeled for an hour or so and then pulled up to the white sand shoreline. A cash bar had been open since we pulled away from the dock, but now they brought out lunch and started pouring rum punch, gratis. Punch was good with just the right amount of rum.
We ate, drank, and then swam around the boat or walked on the beach. There were angel fish swimming on the leeward side of the cat and my wife borrrowed a mask so she could see them better. There were many more fish over the corral.
After a couple of hours we up anchored pulled up the mainsail and the jib and headed back with just a little help from the quiet motors. Several more rum punches later we tied up and disembarked for our bus. For the short ride home.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We had about 25 people but it was not crowded. The captain told me, as an ex sailor, he had been running the boat since 1990.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We spent few days in Bahamas with our two children age 10 and 11 and were looking for some day excursions.
My children and us adults love to snorkel and we knew that marine life is good in these beautiful island, so this trip sounded perfect. I was little unsure about booking this trip because of the negative reviews written recently but I have to say I am really glad I did book it.
We were staying in a hotel in Nassau and the price included hotel pick up which was very convenient.
After the pick up, which by the way was very punctual, we were taken to Paradise island where we waited to board the Catamaran.
We boarded right on time at 10 am and stared sailing. After 30 minute the captain called us for a briefing and told us about the snorkelling we were going to do.
We then stopped in the snorkelling area and were given full snorkelling gear, all of very good quality, and were left snorkelling for an hour. The marine life didn’t disappoint, we saw some colourful fish and some lovely corals, compared to some other snorkelling done in St Lucia this was pretty similar.
We then arrived on Rose island. And what a beauty the beach and the water are. I have been 7 times to the Maldives and the colour of the water comes pretty close! Is like swimming in a natural pool.
We had a great lunch on board made of rice, chicken, pork, salad and fruit plus unlimited fruit punch and rum punches.
We spent over an hour and half on the beautiful Rose island than sailed back to Paradise island.
All in all a very enjoyable day, on a lovely boat and very nice crews.
I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

VERY disappointed in Flying Cloud!!! We booked them to go snorkeling. It was our first day and we were so excited we got down to the lobby early. The pick up bus never showed. I called Flying Cloud only to get a recording saying “all trips are cancelled until further notice”. We never got a phone call saying sorry and/or let us rebook you. It all worked out only because the other snorkeling company we found took us on a much better trip than anything Flying Cloud offered!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I called and confirmed and received an email confirming time ,date and pick up.They never showed up and when we called they said they canceled the trip and had left me a message. There was never a message left my kids were terribly dissappointed.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews, we picked Flying Cloud for a full day snorkel trip. They cancelled the trip the day before it was scheduled. Then we were told they had been in dry dock all week. Further notice of cancellation would have been appreciated! Do you only have 1 boat? Had to find a different snorkel trip without time to research.

2  Thank Lynda H
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

I called prior to vacation/cruise ( extra cost for phone calls) and gave my credit card to hold 4 spots for June 30,2018. I was given directions on where to meet transport. Location was not correct. I relocated, never saw anyone to pick us up in correct location. Had to call again again and again and found out they canceled all trips because of some type of accident the day prior. They blamed me because I didn't leave my phone number for them to call me prior to trip. Bottom line, they aren't going to make a call to a US phone number for any reason. They never answered emails and basically didn't care. She then tried to put me and family on the Seahorse tour, which is a joke. I read those reviews. I have no desire to ride with 80 people on a catamaran to a dead reef. Shady people, that better not charge my card. I'm watching daily.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We went for the half day snorkeling adventure. The crew was fun and polite. The rum punch was tasty... The snorkeling was pretty cool and the crew was very helpful when needed! Pretty awesome and would do it again!!

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Family trip on the Flying Cloud was a blast on a budget! The crew was fun, the rum punch flowing. Just a good time. Snorkeling was amazing.