“Wonderful time and fabulous snorkeling off of Rose Island”
Review of Flying Cloud

Flying Cloud
More attraction details
Owner description: Intimate day-cruise ship, perfect for snorkeling expeditions and quiet contemplation of the beautiful ocean.
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful time and fabulous snorkeling off of Rose Island”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Loved the service as well as the hearty camaraderie and good fellowship of the staff. Top notch and professional. The sailing trip out to Rose Island aboard the catamaran was a light hearted pleasure.

Lunch was super tasty and the rum punch drinks were just right.

Afterwards we got to relax on Rose Island beach - which is stunning with its crystal clear turquoise waters and white linen sand.

Superb value for the $ IMO.

Zeek

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Zeekr

Byron Center, Michigan
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Perfect beach!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My daughter and I took a trip to Nassau and decided to spend the day on the Flying Cloud catamaran which is located on Paradise Island in Nassau. The boat was small and cozy with about 25 - 30 people. The staff was very fun and seemed to enjoy the trip as well. We left Paradise Island and headed out to rose island. About 45 minutes out we dropped ancor and had the chance to snorkel. The equipment was provided and the boat had an easy stairway at the rear of the boat. After we all were back on board we arrived at Rose Isand 15 minutes later. It was the most beautiful, endless, fluffy white sandy beach, with the most pale aqua water rolling in with 2 foot waves. we relaxed on a few of the longe chairs provided, swam, and walked along the beach. They had volley ball, hair brading, music, cash bar and other activities and provided a nice banquet style lunch. We spent several hours there before heading back. I would definately reccommed the excursion if you are looking for adventure and relaxation.

Visited December 2010
6 Thank Braileys
Northborough, Massachusetts
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Great Staff, Small Group with Plenty of Space”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We had a fantastic time on the Flying Cloud. I booked by calling them and was told to call and confirm when we arrived on the island. I did not have to provide a deposit, so I was a bit worried, but decided to go with it because they had good reviews. I called twice to confirm that we were on the island, and both times I got the answering machine. I decided to go with the flow and just wait outside our hotel for the shuttle at 9am the morning of our trip like they instructed. Come 9:15 and the shuttle still hadn't arrive, I was really beginning to think that this excursion wasn't going to happen. At 9:20, the bus finally arrived to pick us up. Phew.

We waited at the pier for a few minutes before being brought onto the boat. It was at this point that I finally paid. We were each given one red and one blue ticket to use towards one mixed drink and one soda. We could pay for additional drinks as we wanted.

The boat was your typical catamaran. There were only about 20 of us on a boat that could have fit more people. I thought it was really great that we weren't crowded. I've been on snorkeling trips where you could barely move and bumped into people while snorkeling (Molokini Crater in Hawaii for example).

The staff was great, very friendly and enjoyable to be around. They joked and danced with everyone and made sure we had a good time. We sailed with the sail up for a while to our destination. As we approached, they handed out snorkels and masks to everyone that needed them. I can't comment on the quality because we brought our own. They also talked through how to snorkel for those who had never done so before.

Before we anchored, the captain asked if anyone would like to go to the secluded beach. No one did, so we just went and snorkeled for the whole time. We had about an hour in the water to snorkel.

The snorkeling was good. The reef was very nice and we saw lots of fish. There tended to be a lot of the same stuff, but it was still beautiful. I wouldn't call it the best snorkeling, but it was far from the worst. There were a lot of "jellyfish" type things around us towards the end, which worried us. It turns out that they weren't jellyfish, but it was still worry-some. As someone who has seen people freak out while in the water and struggle to swim, I would recommend that they inform swimmers of this ahead of time. The sight of an object that looks like a jellyfish could really upset some people and cause them to struggle in the water.

Would I recommend Flying Cloud? Yes. I would just recommend that they improve their reservation process to make the system more modern and less worry-some.

Visited July 2011
Galax VA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Great Snorkel/Sailing Trip”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This was our second time to go on a trip with Flying Cloud. We were in Nassau on Cruise stop and instead of going on the Cattle Boat Cruise Excursions I had booked ahead with Flying Cloud. We took the water taxi from the Cruise Port to Paradise Island Ferry (15 minutes) for $6round trip per person. Flying Cloud is a Catamaran and is very comfortable. There were about 25 people on the afternoon excursion but did not feel crowded. The trip sails through the Nassau Harbor channel to Rose Island, about 1 hr trip. The boat anchors off an excellent shallow coral reef and you get an hour in the water (which is plenty). We had done the same trip two years ago and the reef is in better shape now than then. There is a lot of new coral and sponge growth and there are plenty of brightly colored reef fish. On the return trip to Nassau the Captain raised the sails and we sailed for about an hour until back in the channel. We thouroghly enjoyed this excursion and will definitely go again next time we are in Nassau.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank galaxrex
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Way Overcrowded”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We have been on several of these type of excursions in different spots and this was by far the worst. The boat is in pretty poor condition, with a piece of wood covering up broken hatch cover. This tour could be a decent time if you get a time when they aren't busy. They put about 40 people on a boat that should have 20 on board for a comfortable ride. The food was average and only rum punch and soda are included (they even charge for water). They played horrible dance club music on a boat of mostly families and older couples. Overall not worth the money.

Visited June 2011