“So many fish to see plus the sharks, awesome”

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas
Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure
$84.99*
Nassau Shore Excursion: Bahamas Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Hamilton, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So many fish to see plus the sharks, awesome”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

When we originally tried to book, they said they couldn't accomodate our port time, between 12 pm to 7 pm since the bus leaves at 12:15pm...I insisted and they said call when I arrive..so I did and we were the first people on the bus, by 12:15 pm...though we had to wait 30 mins for the others...the trip to the office was about 40 mins and the bus was full, about 24 ppl i think...then this and that, the boat didn't leave until 1:30 pm...i was worried our trip was gonna be too short since it's supposed to only be until 4:30...the price is the same, $65...

however, turns out that it only took about 5 mins to each site...we got about 30 mins on each site and tons of fish on first and second site...on the third site, there were literally sharks down below...but we only got to swim for about 10 mins...all you need anyway...then we had to leave at about 4:15 pm...and they brought the food box up so the sharks came up to the top...

this trip was really short but really nice to see all the variations of fish plus the sharks...i went to another full day sail in st thomas, more expensive...but we sailed all day...however, not many variations of fish...

overall, awesome value for the price, tons of fish to see...

1 Thank vgwan

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Downham Market, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hassle and waste of 4 hours out of my holiday”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We booked to go out on a snorkelling trip from Nassau with this company. We were only in Nassau for 12 hours on a cruise ship and had arranged to be collected at 8.15am. The bus they should have sent to collect us never showed up, (and we had rushed to make sure we were at our collection point early). When they didn't show up, we called the company they said to get a cab out to them and they would pay for it. We managed to find a cab, who called ahead to check he would get paid (it was a $55 fare and 40 minute drive). The member of staff on the phne said it was too late for us to come and that a bus would collect us at 12.15 instead). Tragically we had paid in advance so were committed to this company, so had to haul ourselves and our snorkelling gear back to the boat and kill time.
Once we reached the snorkel boats later that day, we were actually impressed by the the guys who took us out, the sites they took us to to snorkel, and the fact they got us and the other snorkellers back to the cruise ships on time. BUT, the experience for me was ruined by being mesed around and not knowing what the hell was happening earlier in the day.
If you aren't relying on these people to honour their commitment to pick you up at a particular time ie have your own transport to get to their base, I would have no problem in recommending them. As it is, they obviously didn't honour their commitment and I was livid since my planning for the one precious day I had in Nassau was shot to bits.

5 Thank Cathy K
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“SUB Adventure was fun”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

The SUB adventure was fun, and my spouse and I enjoyed the experience, but we had a couple of unpleasant experiences while on the tour. The first was the time spent waiting. There were only eight functioning SUB scooters, so the participants were divided into four groups. The majority of the day was spent waiting your turn, no big deal, but makes for a long day. When my spouse and my turn arrived all seemed well, but mid-way through the approximate half hour "adventure" my husband's SUB scooter stopped working and he was, as he put it, "Drifting out to sea." He wasn't literally, a diver propelled him using man-power for the remaining time, but he was isolated from the group before he was noticed as "missing" by the safety divers. My SUB scooter worked well, a little stiff in the steering, but I was more alarmed by how quickly my oxygen tank was being depleted. By the time my SUB scooter was raised out of the water, I was out of oxygen. I was not suffocating or any of that, the divers ensured I was safe, and I watched the deck hand check my tank function before I was lowered into the water, but the next time, yes, there will be a next time, I participate in this I will check my tank before being lowered into the water too.

2 Thank DeeKraft
McKinleyville, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Great value, amazing snorkeling”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My husband and I have been snorkeling several times in Hawaii and have always loved it, so we were excited to try out the snorkeling in the Bahamas, and it didn't disappoint. Stuart Cove's snorkeling trip was definitely very affordable compared to Hawaii which was nice, however it didn't have any of the frills. We didn't mind though, because the snorkeling locations were great. They did three different locations (the third a shark snorkel which I skipped) and the reef was beautiful with many different fish to look at. Don't expect any extras on the trip, and the bus is jammed to the max when they pick you up, but it's a great way to enjoy snorkeling in the Bahamas on a budget!

1 Thank kellytherascal
Selma, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bubble Subs is the Bomb!”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Without a dobt the best activity I did while on vacation in Nassau. I went Deep Sea fishing, Harbour Tour, Snorkeling, all of which were great, but the Bubble Subs is quite an undersea adventure. Initially I had some concerns about whether I could equalize my ears, but the Master Diver's instructions worked like a charm. The divers made us think our fun was the number one priority, but they were ever present around us making sure we were safe and had an excellent adventure as well. They fed the fish, hundreds of them, right in front of our subs, all the while filming the entire trip out to the plane wreck and back. This activity is worth every penney! What a blast. Next year, Bubble Subs AGAIN and diving!

2 Thank doane001