“Safe, exciting, and guaranteed to a make you want more.”

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas
Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure
$84.99*
Nassau Shore Excursion: Bahamas Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Calgary, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Safe, exciting, and guaranteed to a make you want more.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Wow! Stuart Cove's is a well-oiled machine. From the moment we were picked-up by the courtesy shuttle until the minute it returned us the our hotel at the end of the day, not a minute was wasted or any level of frustration felt. As there were over 200 snorkelers and scuba divers being supervised in the two hours we were there, this is an impressive feat that any military organization would be proud of.
We booked the two tank shark feed and were asked by the photographer how close we were willing to let the sharks get to us. As we'd just come of a one week dive live aboard, and have taken part in many shark feeds, we enthusiastically said " As close as you can" and were not disappointed; we had sharks bumping into us, two left teethmarks in my (white) fins which appeared to be confused for fish? and our photographs were incredible. One of the most impressive parts of our dives was the careful supervision of the two divers who had only just completed their open water qualification dives that morning! The safety briefing was direct and informative and at no time whatsoever did we feel our safety was in danger.

We will definitely go back and this was one of the most exciting scuba diving experiences we have been fortunate enough to enjoy (400+ dives each) If you are scuba diver, this is a "must" and if you really love it, you can take a course to learn to be one of the shark feeders; you'll need to be comfortable with hungry sharks swimming between your legs!!!!

Visited December 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Decided to give the shark adventure dive a try.......why? I'm not sure, but after reading other reviews about this Dive I felt very safe and comfortable going with this company. Reviews were pretty much spot on. My husband thought I was crazy for wanting to do this, as I was the nervous one about learning to dive a year ago. However after reading many reviews and finally doing the dive I found everyone there very professional, safety conscious, fun to be with and eager to make this a dive of a lifetime. Both days that we dove we were lucky to have small groups. Our first day was a reef and a wreck dive with 8 other people and our shark dive was 8 of us. Our divemaster/feeder was very knowledgable and educated us about the sharks prior to our dives. Because of this I was very relaxed and totally enjoyed diving with them, the more there were and the closer they got the more I enjoyed it (thank you Charlotte). If you are questioning whether to do this or not I recommend going for it. It is a well run operation and something you will remember forever (although friends and family will think your crazy)

Visited March 2014
Fletcher, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Yellow Submarine”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stuart Cove's bus will pick you up at your hotel, take you to their movie set scuba shop, give you a safety briefing then take you for the ride of your life. Traveling 15ft under the ocean at 2 knots in your own seahorse shaped one person sub in the pristine Bahamian waters! You do not need any scuba diving or snorkeling experience to enjoy the beautiful coral reefs and tropical fish. You should be at least 12 years old, at least 5ft tall and be relatively healthy. Since you are breathing regular air in your bubble hood, you can even wear your contacts or glasses! Leave a 4hr block for the excursion. Cost is around $129pp

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Theresa B
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second Time!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I took the Stuart Cove Learn to Scuba dive March 25, 2014, with my 12 year old son. I can definitely say this was a great experience. Not for everyone, but a great introduction to scuba.

Having said that, I did the identical dive in 1995, and it was so-so. Since then (I know that's a lot of years) the facilities and structure of this novice dive have improved immensely. I felt comfortable with the dive and the mechanics of scuba this time, including tricky aspects like clearing my mask and equalizing pressure in my ears, while I was pretty nervous the first time. They took the time to structure a class environment to teach the basics in a relaxed but serious way, so we were prepared when we hit the water. The instructor took extra time with my son to ensure he was prepared and he had no problems whatsoever (probably did better than me!) which, truth be told, was my biggest fear. He was Italian but his English was fine and his instruction and guidance in the water was patient and first-rate.

As a result, both my son and I are signing up for open water PADI certification courses here so we can go back and dive some more. I guess that's the best endorsement I can give -- the dive encouraged us to do more and sparked an interest in both my son and I.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“First Rate Operation”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have had the opportunity to dive with Stuart Coves many times and each time they don't disappoint. Yes they move a lot of people in and out of their operation on a daily basis, but they do it in an organized, safe, and thrilling way.

Many reviews knock their operation for reasons unknown, they do a great job.

The variety and quality of dive sites available is fantastic. You can't go wrong with Stuarts!

Visited February 2014