“Above and beyond for just a snorkeling tour!”

Book In Advance
$84.99*
Nassau Snorkel Bahamas Adventure
$147.99*
Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure
$84.99*
Nassau Shore Excursion: Bahamas Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Above and beyond for just a snorkeling tour!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

All my friend and I kept saying on the way back to the hotel was "THAT WAS SO COOL!"

We booked a snorkeling tour as we had originally wanted to see the sharks, but given we did not hold a diving license or certificate, we were told that this was the next best alternative to see the sharks in their natural habitat.

The bus picked us up exactly on time and we stopped by about 3 more hotels before getting to their docks.

We were introduced to our accompanying instructors right away and set out. The first snorkeling stop was beautiful. There was tons of colorful fish to see and swim with. Great location, as we were right above the reefs with crystal clear waters, and just about every type of pretty fish in sight. They let us swim around for about 30-40 minutes before boarding again to boat to the next spot.

Along the way to spot 2, we passed by some local favorites such as Peter Nygard's beach house, Scooby Island, where they filmed James Bond, stuff like that were Hollywood had made its mark. Still a good sight to see. Spot 2 was not as colorful as the first but I guess when the bar is set that high, what do you expect :D Still had a multitude of fish and a few cute turtles and pretty red colored starfish.

The third was the shark spot. I was super excited to see those guys. The instructors were very precise about what we can and cannot do once in the water. They towed a line out which we held on to and then they drop the bait box to the bottom of the ocean where the reef sharks follow. Although we were swimming only above the sharks as opposed to swimming with them (that would be the Dive Tour), it was still such a majestic and unbelievable experience. Coming from Canada, these kind of experiences are unheard of, to be able to be so close to the sharks without any cage or anything. It was simply beautiful. And I should add that it was completely safe. The two instructors were there in the water with us the entire time monitoring us swimmers, and the third instructor watching from up top.

We are most definitely coming back to book another tour with Stuart's Cove, but this time I am going to try the dive tour!

Big shout out to our accompanying instructors, Cathy and Anwar and I apologize I cant remember the name of the third gentleman that was with us on Jan 27, 2014. But thank you!!

1 Thank iamrenko8

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
rochester
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“4th Time Diving here”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Its been my 4th time diving with Stuart Cove over a 20 year period. But this time was extra special, as it was with my children(12 and 14). SC has maintained a professional ,organized and safe dive experience. The dive master,Ullin was great with my kids and pointed out things we never would have seen. I can't recommend SC enough.

Montreal, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“very professional”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Purchased 2 dives from Constellation Celebrity. It happened that me and my husband were the only ones from the whole boat. So when we got out 5 minutes earlier the scheduled meeting time, our guide girl was already waiting for us. We went to join the bus which arrived just 30 seconds later. I was pleasantly surprised everything is so fast. Usually, Caribbean waiting time is really annoying. The drive to the dive shop was over 30 minutes which gave us possibility to look around and relax. In the dive shop, we were very quickly brought to White Bungi boat. It was only 3 of us for the whole boat. Divemaster and captain were very pleasant and professional. Diving was awesome! Clear water, 24C, but we're from Montreal, water is colder even in the summer here. However, divemaster graciously offered me his spare hood to keep me warm. The 3rd diver wasn't feeling well after the 1st dive, so captain called the shop and a small boat came to pick the diver up - was really nice on their behalf. So the 2nd dive was private for just 2 of us! Our guide found for us enormous lobster and then the huge crab hiding in the holes - I would never notice them myself! We were looking for sharks - no luck this time :))The only thing that we regret, we couldn't stay longer and dive there more. Overall, it was over and above my expectations. I would highly recommend the place not only for the amazing diving sites, but for the professionalism of the staff as well. Thank you!

Illinois City, Illinois
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We are planning to cruise to the Bahamas next week and were really looking forward to the Shark snorkling adventure. Their website states they arrange for pickup at 8:15 am at the cruise ship port. Our ship doesn't arrive until 8:00 am and I had concerns that by the time we were allowed off the boat, we would miss our pick up time. I emailed the company to see if they had any suggestions. They were very polite and prompt with returning my email, however I was told that we wouldn't be in Nassau long enough for them to accommodate our adventure. I'm not sure how all day isn't long enough to go on a half day snorkeling excursion and am disappointed that with all the cruise ships arriving daily, that if your ship doesn't arrive before 8 am, you are out of luck. I guess I thought a company this popular would have more than one pick-up time. Disappointed!

Visited January 2014
Michelle B, Owner at Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent visit to Nassau and your interest in joining our Snorkeling Adventure. We offer two half day snorkeling excursions, one in the morning as you stated, and also one in the afternoon. As we are on the South West side of the island, we must operate within a specific time frame to accommodate guests from hotels around the island in addition to various ships for our twice daily excursions. Cruise ship schedules often vary depending on the time of year and we regret that our excursions did not fit within your specific ship itinerary.

We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you on a future trip to Nassau!

Michelle Cove
Michelle Cove
NYC
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Crowded Boat, Great Dives”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stopped in Nassau on a cruise and had purchased a two-tank dive excursion through a provider other than the cruise line. We had a bit of trouble finding the pick-up location outside the port security gate, but once we found the right place the shuttle came right away. The attendant was delightful, forms were filled out on the bus, and we arrived at Stuart Cove's in about 45 minutes. That's when we began to realize how many people were diving! The line moved very quickly to pay for rental equipment, as did the actual gear pick up line, except that the attendant there gave at least three people on our boat the wrong sizes! We were about the 6th and 7th people on the boat; grabbed 4 tanks in a row and began to set up. But then we sat there for an hour as dozens more got on. Ugh!!! They didn't have enough spaces for all the tanks so they stowed a bunch under the seats. That wasn't so terrible. It was really sitting there waiting in the hot sun that bugged us. But the people who had to get back to an earlier ship were having fits!

We finally got under way. I have to say the dives were just fine. The reefs are really degraded around Nassau, but that's not the dive operator's fault. The divemaster in the water with us found a huge turtle -- but she failed to notice one of the divers holding on to a smaller turtle and pushing it around. Other than that, the visibility was good, there was a decent amount of sea life, and plenty of room underwater even if the boat was crowded. We got to see the Thunderball plane -- depressing. I saw it 15 years ago and it was thoroughly covered with coral and teeming with wildlife. Now it's pretty much just the frame. But again -- not the dive company's fault -- and my husband was thrilled to get to see it!

Finally -- on the way back, the family on the ship leaving earlier was frantic. We would just barely be able to make it on time. Finally, stuck in traffic, after the departure time, the driver said sullenly, "we called ahead; they're holding the ship for you." I know, spoiled tourists and all, I get it (oh, yes, and New Year's Day) -- but it was sad. If he'd just said that a half hour earlier he would have gotten a whole lot of tips, but it felt like he got more pleasure out of seeing them squirm.

1 Thank JSLinNYC