“Great Staff, Great Experience”

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas
Book In Advance
More Info
$84.99*
and up
Nassau Snorkel Bahamas Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Newton, AL
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Staff, Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

SC was recommended to me by my dad who used them to go scuba diving there while in port for a Carnival cruise earlier this year. I called them last Friday before boarding the ship to in Jacksonville, FL. They were very nice and put me down for a reservation and said they'd have a free bus ride available at the port in Nassau, which is about a 35 minute ride to Stuart's Cove. They were there and we left within 10 minutes of getting off the boat, Myself and my fiancee decided to try the SNUBA (not SCUBA), because I have my dive certification but she does not. She had never been snorkeling prior to this but I don't care for it myself after diving. Their SNUBA service is a great deal. It was $99/person and that included a "dive", a snorkel, and a chance to swim with reef sharks. They feed sharks in a certain spot daily and were able to attract them while also keeping them away from us in the water. I told my guide Anwar that I wasn't expecting to snorkel and he said that he'd let us do both dives using the SNUBA set-up.

As I said, prior to this, my fiancee had no previous experience like this and was somewhat nervous. This was not an issue though, thanks to our GREAT guide. Anwar made her feel completely comfortable and did not rush her when she struggled to go under or adjust to the regulator. I cannot express how thankful I am for his patience. There was definitely an opportunity for her to panic and have these type of adventures ruined forever but she was able to enjoy it because of the HELPFUL staff at Stuart's Cove. If you go here, they will do all they can to make you feel comfortable and welcome.

They have a nice shop and dock area. They have several boats and several other "excursions" that they offer including sub rentals. We went out on a 46' dive boat even thought there were only 8 of us customers on it (and the other 6 were snorkeling). I couldn't believe the service we received, It was AMAZING. I recommend this place to anyone that is visiting Nassau via Carnival or Atlantis or any means. I will be going back to them every time I am in Nassau in the future. This was the highlight of my trip.

I recommend SC for singles, couples, and families with young children as well. The prices are fair, especially when you consider the number of people you'd be on Carnival's crowded excursions, at a much higher price.

Visited December 2013

52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great first dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I dove with Stuart Cove during a cruise last week and it was just as advertised. 2 tank dive. Boat had 3 staff and 16 divers. We went to a reef wall then a wreck on first dive and to the James Bond wrecks on our second. We saw lots of different fish and coral along with lobster and lionfish. We didnt see any big things but that was fine with me. The divemaster helped make sure we were all set up well. Good but not top of the line equipment.

Union, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I dove with Stuarts Cove last week. 2 Tank dive and then a shark dive.
Dive center was great and very organized. Boats were in good condition.
Georgi, Ullin, Charlotte were awesome. Phocena boat crew was great. Very professional. Dive plan was good and knowing the rough conditions Charlotte did the pan at dock so it limited the weathering the rough seas for everyone. I have logged over 300 dives and this was one of my best experiences.

Visited November 2013
mcatsc, Owner at Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Shark Adventure and 2-Tank dive experience with us. We are thrilled you had an excellent experience despite the inclement weather. We are very fortunate to have such a professional and passionate team of instructors and boat captains working with us. Georgi, Ullin and Charlotte will be thrilled to see a copy of your post and will be rewarded for your comments and for a job well done.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Happy diving!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome shark dive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Basically the shark dive came up in our bucket list but since neither my girlfriend or I knew what a BCD or a reg was we called Stuart Cove's to find out if we can get certified and do the shark dive on the same trip. They said it's possible but not guaranteed. So we took the PADI e-learnig online class and booked the open water training with Stuart Cove's. On the island we took three days of pool and open water training. It was a tough three days, a lot of new skills to learn and practice but by noon on the third day we were PADI open water divers. Next day we did the first shark dive on the wreck and we had a blast. So much so that we booked another shark dive the following day. This time it was at the shark arena. We bought the pictures and DVDs and it was totally worth it. The next day we did a regular two tank dive and it was a complete disappointment. First the instructor kept herding us back to the group whenever we would stray 30 to 40 feet away. Then he didn't seem to care that we kept telling him that we were running out of air towards the end of the dive. Eventually my girlfriend ran out and I probably had like 10 breaths left. That was fine because it allow us to practice buddy breathing the way they taught us in the course earlier. We made it to the surface OK but just she we thought we were safe we realized we had surfaced in a thick oil spill from a nearby oil rig. Oil got in our hair, snorkels and brand new wetsuits. We had to wash our hair and suits with dish soap but eventually the oil came out. Overall the shark dives made up for it and we had a great experience. We'll be back to dive with tiger sharks once we get some more dives under our belts.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Razvan_D
Wolverhampton
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Novice diver”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very busy company even in November. One instructor to 12 divers. Helpful staff accommodated our DIN fittings easily. Really enjoyed the diving but as a newly qualified diver didn't feel very well supervised and was a bit spooked to find I had been taken to 30 metres, however as one of our friends from the cruise ship was an instructor back in the UK we stayed with her for the second dive and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sharp learning curve but beautiful.

Visited November 2013