“Stuart Coves Diving Bahamas”

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas
Book In Advance
More Info
$154.80*
and up
2-Tank Dive Trip from Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I did our check out dives with Stuart Coves September 19-21. The Dive Master named Charlotte took wonderful care of us. She made us feel very safe and comfortable. We were able to complete 10 beautiful dives. We cannot wait to go back to Stuart Coves again. Also, the breakfast and lunch and beer there were all very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"wet suit"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had always wanted to visit the Bahamas and was so excited about diving with Stuart Cove, I already had my PADI Advanced Open Water certificate and decided to do my Rescue Diver qualification whilst there. What an amazing experience! I was made to feel so welcome from all the staff and my instructor, Vero was lovely. I can honestly say this is possibly the most fun I have had diving! The course was run very professionally and thoroughly and I did many more dives once I had qualified. The position of the centre is beautiful, the morning dives are great when the sea is calm. One day the sea was so still and blue I couldn't see where the sky met the ocean until a turtle popped his head out for some air. A truly memorable moment. The dive sites are great for beginners with plenty to see. Wrecks, dolphins, sharks and much much more. The BBC were filming a documentary on my last day, they were planning on sinking a boat to make a man made reef. A brilliant experience for me after just qualifying. This place holds a special place in my heart and I WILL be returning. Even had the pleasure of meeting Stuart himself :)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have only dived a few times ,my husband only once. Neither of us are certified. The instructors here were much better than we have had before. Very through yet never made us feel like we were a pain to have to deal with! During the actual dive, they did not babysit us but I know we were always being watched! Felt very safe but at the same time felt like we were diving all by ourselves. Everyone is very friendly and showed great patience with someone in our group that was having some trouble with the underwater training. Hope to dive with them again.
I saw a lot of certified dive options available for the people who need that.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

What can you say when something is so great. The Stuart family and team are the best I have dealt with. Great times, great staff and great dives. I definitely recommend the shark dive as well.