“Make your diving dreams come true with Stuart Cove!”

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas
Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure
$84.99*
Nassau Shore Excursion: Bahamas Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
Southampton, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Make your diving dreams come true with Stuart Cove!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I had always wanted to visit the Bahamas and was so excited about diving with Stuart Cove, I already had my PADI Advanced Open Water certificate and decided to do my Rescue Diver qualification whilst there. What an amazing experience! I was made to feel so welcome from all the staff and my instructor, Vero was lovely. I can honestly say this is possibly the most fun I have had diving! The course was run very professionally and thoroughly and I did many more dives once I had qualified. The position of the centre is beautiful, the morning dives are great when the sea is calm. One day the sea was so still and blue I couldn't see where the sky met the ocean until a turtle popped his head out for some air. A truly memorable moment. The dive sites are great for beginners with plenty to see. Wrecks, dolphins, sharks and much much more. The BBC were filming a documentary on my last day, they were planning on sinking a boat to make a man made reef. A brilliant experience for me after just qualifying. This place holds a special place in my heart and I WILL be returning. Even had the pleasure of meeting Stuart himself :)

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
centennial
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Place For Beginner Divers”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have only dived a few times ,my husband only once. Neither of us are certified. The instructors here were much better than we have had before. Very through yet never made us feel like we were a pain to have to deal with! During the actual dive, they did not babysit us but I know we were always being watched! Felt very safe but at the same time felt like we were diving all by ourselves. Everyone is very friendly and showed great patience with someone in our group that was having some trouble with the underwater training. Hope to dive with them again.
I saw a lot of certified dive options available for the people who need that.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A must do for all levels!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

What can you say when something is so great. The Stuart family and team are the best I have dealt with. Great times, great staff and great dives. I definitely recommend the shark dive as well.

New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A MUST GO! If you love adventure!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I are shark fanatics, and our scuba diving trips must include these beautiful creatures. Well, if you are just like us, Stuart Cove's is the way to go! Great and fun Dive Masters, amazing diving spots, and lots of sharks!

Birmingham, Alabama
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Cruise Ship Excursion”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I went on the cruise ship excursion 2 tank dive with equipment. The van was waiting to pick us up at the pier and made a few stops on the way to the dive shop. There were approximately 15 people in the group. The rental equipment was pretty good IMO. Everything worked and the experience was great. Everyone on our boat was certified (no discover scuba students). As soon as we got to the site, the dive master gave us a few minutes of instruction then the 'pool was open' for swimming. The dives were not timed, so you had the opportunity to dive until your air was out. They did advise to be AT THE SURFACE with no less than 700psi in the tank for safety (this means after the ascent and 3 minute safety stop). The dive master was in the water if we needed any help, etc. I will dive with Stuart Cove's again when in Nassau.

Note that this is the outfit that Discovery uses for Shark Week.