“Fun with fins.”

Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure
$84.99*
Nassau Shore Excursion: Bahamas Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
West Hartford, Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun with fins.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My last review of Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas was written from the view point of a group leader of 25 divers. This time it is as a "paying passenger". I took a little trip to New Providence Island this past August with my family including both of my adult daughters. We hadn't dove as a team of three in about 4-5 years and looked forward to getting "wet" together. On this trip we were picked up from the Sheraton promptly at 8 am and were whisked to the southwest corner of the island and deposited at Stuart Cove's Dive South Ocean for our two tank morning dives. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who pointed the way to the restrooms and the dive shop/registration area. Inside the shop, we were quickly attended to by one of the myriad of staff who efficiently registered the three of us, checked our c-cards and nitrox cards and assigned us to a boat. On my previous trip, as a trip leader, my group had it's own boat for the four days of diving. On this trip, the three of us were assigned to the "advanced boat" - a boat for people with advanced certification/experience or higher. There were also boats for novice divers, snorkelers, and a special charter for a "shark shoot out" for photographers (a previously advertised course). Our boat, Terciops (I hope I got the spelling right) was set up for diving; benches ran the length of the boat from inside the cabin aft to the dive platform with racks for the tanks, there was a rinse bucket for cameras, an ice chest for drinks you may have brought on board, fresh drinking water and a marine head (toilet). Safety equipment included a first aid kit, oxygen kit, life jackets and a vhf radio. Each day the captain would give a briefing at the dock as to the layout of the boat including location of safety gear, marine head, etc; introduce the staff, divemasters and photographer, who were working on the boat that day. A roster was passed around requiring you to initial it while the boat was at the dock. The same roster was used after each dive to ensure everyone was on board before the engines were started. Each day they tried to survey the people on board as to which dive sites they have already done and which they would like to do. In that way they tried to minimize any repetitive dives. The boat looked like it could handle 20 divers, we had no more than 12 each day we were there. Never felt crowded or as if it were a "cattle boat".
This trip we managed to visit the Port Nelson/ Bacardi reef - a sunken Bahamian National Defense Force ship and reef combo at around 90' followed by Southwest Reef - a terrific shallow reef system. The second day: Clifton Wall - a 100' wall dive followed by the BBC wreck - a small tug boat and reef system in around 50' of water. The third day: a trip south to Razor Back - another wall dive to 100' followed by a shallow reef dive on Mike's reef (around 35'-50'). Our final day: another trip south to Play Pen - a wall dive to 100' followed by Twin Sisters two wrecks lying bow to bow in the sand.
There was an excellent dive briefing before each dive reviewing safety procedures, diver recall system, depth, bottom time, over view of the area. Depth and bottom time for divers were determined by whether or not dive computers were being used by all members of the buddy team. With computers: 100'/30 minutes; without computers 80'/30 minutes. The reality was that the three of us were diving nitrox (enriched air 32%) with computers and on average we had bottom times of 45 minutes on the deep dive (with at least a three minute safety stop); the shallow dives we were given a time to be back on the boat with at least 500psi of gas in each person's tank - usually 1 hour of bottom time if you didn't dawdle around on the boat. The first dive was a guided dive, the second dive you and your buddy could do your own thing or go with a divemaster who would give a tour.
As for the diving: visibility ran 60-80 feet horizontally; no current/slight current; some wave action, but minimal. The critters: a large number of channel clinging crabs, lobsters, some rays both southern and yellow, Caribbean reef sharks (many), nurse sharks, lionfish ( numbers appear to be down from previous visits - which is good) and a host of the usual reef fish.
The reefs are in decent condition, less algae growth as seen in previous years, especially the more southern reefs.
On each of the two tank dives, a photographer was on board from Fin Photo capturing pictures of the divers and interesting subjects of each dive. There was no hard sell to purchase any pictures and you were invited to enjoy viewing them either at the photo shop or on line.
Stuart Cove provides an excellent experience for any level of diver or snorkeler or adventurer who is interested in an exciting underwater experience. It is an excellent value and opens up another facet of the Bahamas. I was not disappointed, Stuart makes sure that his guests get first class treatment whether they are a large group or an individual.

2 Thank Peter K

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rochester, Minnesota
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun with the sharks”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family went on the shark snorkeling trip and had a great time. A once in a lifetime experience. Dolphins are nice, but the sharks get your adrenaline going.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Easy diving and very attentive staff.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stuart Cove is very well established and they are very popular for their "Shark Dive." Our dive group spent 3-days of diving and the sites was perfect: 100+ Vis, and no current.
The shop catered to all our needs and our DM (David) and Capt. Wendle were great.
Personally, it wasn't the best dive location I've ever dove, but my dive group made up for the difference.
I recommend the shark feeding dive as a "need to do it once." However, I was surprised when one of our divers went for a second time. A bit pricey, but depends on prior shark experiences. It was more of a novelty to me.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Best adventure so far”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took Stuart Cove's SUB adventure in Aug 2013 during our vacation in Bahamas and I must say it was an amazing experience. I wanted to do the SUB adventure but at the same time I was very much afraid to go down since I did not know swimming . However the divers made me comfortable and patiently helped me get inside the SUB and before lowering down made sure that I was fine. All of the divers were very friendly . They took us down approx 20 ft and we then drove our subs around to see the marine life and corals . We also spotted a shark. I would recommend this to every vacationer travelling to Bahamas to try it out.

Miami, Florida
“Great Weekend Full of Amazing Dives!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I traveled to Stuart Cove's after not being there for over 15 years with a group of 13 from Miami's Ocean Safari Diving Adventures and was not disappointed! We were greeted by Michelle Cove and set up with Wendall as our Captain and Jake our DM. They were both very attentive and knowledgeable! Chris joined us for some picture taking fun as well on a couple of dives. One of the things I truly appreciated is how they recognized that we were a serious group of divers that wanted to have fun on their best sites and they accommodated all our requests! Briefings were thorough and proper care and attention was given to everyone on board! I give them a strong 2 Thumbs Up!!