“cattle boat”

$84.99*
and up
Nassau Snorkel Bahamas Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“cattle boat”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a real test for under cover boss, to see what is really going on. We were the only ones to bring our on dive equipment. When we got to SC we we're told to get off the and go inside the office. After we got in line we realize we needed our log books which were back at the bus. While my wife was in line I went to go get the bags. I found them on the ground and no one offered to help while I carried two bags to the office I am 73. There were people standing around about ever 10 feet and no one offered to help they were to busy talking. On our firat dive just out of the cut we were told to keep the time down because we had to be back at the dock for the next group.We did make two more dives but not with SC.

2 Thank cvet78
mcatsc, Owner at Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dive experience with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback to improve our service for future customers. I have already spoken to our bus drivers to ensure that they offer assistance to any divers with their gear. As you mentioned, we have a large dive team and I apologize that they did not identify that you were struggling with your gear.

During our dive briefing we outline the standard dive times and work to keep everyone together and organized so as to meet the dive safety requirements and needs of the variety of guests on board in addition to running efficiently and within schedule.

Again, we appreciate your comments as they assist us in improving our service, however we apologize that our driver and dive staff greeting team were not more attentive to your needs with assisting you with your gear.

Michelle Cove

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most unforgettable, exciting and breath-taking underwater experience on the planet with highly qualified skilled and trained”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

A remarkable, challenging and engaging underwater diving experience that should be experienced by all!! The incredible PADI Open Water Diving certification offered at Stuart Cove in The Bahamas was definitely not on my bucket list, but I am certainly elated to have gained this wonderful experience and qualification from such a first-class, reputable diving establishment!! Not only did they calm my fears and insecurities with the support and direction of trained personnel and top-class qualified diving instructors like Mr. Rudy Ferguson, but I also conquered and achieved what I thought would have been impossible - fear of diving in the unknown.... to the bottom of the ocean with the most beautiful creatures of the ocean (coral, fish, turtles...sharks) ....AND becoming a certified PADI Open Water Diver!!! OMG! This alone was enough to prompt me to tell others if the 'good news!' Finally, not only was the training and the experience exceptional, but the staff and personnel (Nicara, Charmaine, Laurie..) were beyond what I have ever received....it was a truly REFRESHING BAHAMIAN EXPERIENCE! Collectively, the Stuart Cove team offers the TOTAL DIVING EXPERIENCE for the novice and professional diver! A MUST DO while in The Bahamas!!! EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN WITH THE PROFESSIONALS AT STUART COVE AND GAIN THE BREATH-TAKING, LIFE-CHANGING UNDER-WATER EXPERIENCE THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

2 Thank Newestowdiver
Iowa City, Iowa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First time snorkeling with family, loved it.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We did a snorkeling trip with Stuart Cove's. This was our first time. I booked it through Atlantis where we were staying. THe bus picked us up at the hotel. It was super easy. I went with my 2 kids ages 10 and 13. The guides were great. The boat stopped at two beautiful reefs, then snorkeled with sharks! I want to go again.

2 Thank Jessica B
Michelle B, Owner at Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your snorkeling experience with us at Stuart Cove's Snorkel Bahamas! We are thrilled you had an excellent experience with your family. Perhaps next time you can try out scuba diving!

We look forward to seeing you again,

Michelle Cove
www.stuartcove.com
Mechanicsville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“excellent shop - excellent dives”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I really enjoyed the people and the dive sites chosen at Stuart Cove's. They were very nice, clean facility, overall extremely helpful and cool to dive with....my only recommendation or advice would be to ensure that you bring your own snack/drink since they supply nothing to divers. This was unusual since all other places they at least have can drinks and cookies or snacks. It was OK we called ahead of time - they were still an impressive group and the master divers ensured everyone had a great time.

1 Thank cindmac
Denver, Colorado
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“One of my top dive shops”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went to Nassau in March, mainly to dive. Our dive shop here recommended Stuart Cove's and I'm so glad they did! The shop itself is awesome and the people are so friendly! They are very efficient, but still hold high safety standards. We did 3 days of diving and hired a private dive guide for 2 of them. Julian was AWESOME and really helped us with our diving skills. There is a huge variety of dive sites and the captain gets to pick where you go based on conditions. The 6 we went to were wonderful. The highlight of our trip was the Shark Adventure. I would highly recommend this to everyone. It is thrilling, yet I felt completely safe the entire time. The service is awesome as well, and they change your tanks and everything for you. The only complaint I have is that the shuttle to and from the resorts takes a while. It is a very bumpy ride as well. We will be diving through Stuart Cove's again when we go back to Nassau.

Visited March 2013