“We're Gonna Need A Better Boat” 3 of 5 bubbles

$84.99*
and up
Nassau Snorkel Bahamas Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
San Diego, California
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“We're Gonna Need A Better Boat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Booked the shark dive during my stop over from a Carnival cruise. They picked us up on time and got us to the dock with no issues. Check in and rental gear were no trouble either. The boat was a piece of c&@?. If we were going out any further than we did I would have been very afraid. The dive boat sputtered and puked out caustic fumes so bad that we had to do the dive brief on the upper deck, please fix this thing. The crew and dive masters made absolute sure we were following specific safety procedures for the shark dive as they would be feeding them; ie, no jostling about or sudden movements. I felt completely safe during the dive. However, I would avoid the snorkeling trip at all costs. When we surfaced, the snorkeling boat was chumming the water to bring the sharks up and telling the snorkelers to, "get in the water mon, and, don't, move!". PFS. Pricing and dive shop were reasonable. It is important to note that the transfer back to my cruise ship was on time and as they said it would be.

Visited August 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Avondale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shark Dive --Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked the Stuart Cove Shark Adveture Dive prior to arriving in Nassau. We were picked up on a bus at the designated tIme and shuttled to the Stuart Cove Location. It was a bit chaotic when we arrived and signage was not good. After figuring out checkin was in the retail store and we competed with the other adventurers ( divers, snoklers, etc) to get the attention of someone we checked in. The dock is narrow and people were all over with thier gear, it was still a little stressful. We rented our wetsuits (we do not usually dive in wetsuits) and had to find a place where we were out of the way to try them on. Once on we needed to get our weights.

We then proceeded to the boat. Once on the boat it was wonderful. We participated in the two tank shark dive. No it was not scary. We had our attack grouper ( 2.5 feet long) position himself in front of us during the shark adventure. The photographer Chris and Videographer Guiermo(sp) did a great job. A little more direction like life your chin would have been nice, but they did a great job none the less. We saw many reef sharks and got amazing photos from our GoPro and cameras.

Once we returned to the dock, we shopped and waited for the video and photo review. We made our purchases. The video we waited for and the pictures were emailed. The only issue with the email photos is the zip file could not be opened on our ipads.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Underwater Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went on the beginner's scuba diving trip in March 2013. What a blast! Since everyone on the boat had at least some prior scuba experience, we skipped the pool training entirely and went right to the cove. After a brief refresher session, we jumped right in! We had many professionals right there with us every minute so we would all stay safe. The water was beautiful and the variety of colorful fish was dazzling. After our scuba adventure, we had about 15 minutes left over to swim to the beach and check out the tidal pools and shells. Then we zoomed over to the shark divers (I got to "drive" the boat) and saw three large sharks in the water! All in all, a great adventure!

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“WORST EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My Carnival Cruise itinerary listed our ship arriving in Nassau on March 16 at noon. On February 22, 2013, I booked a diving trip to surprise my daughter. The day before we left on the cruise, March 8, I recieved an updated itinerary from Carnival showing our arrival in Nassau at 1pm. At 10am in the morning, I sent an email to Stuart Cove asking if this was a problem. I did not receive a response. We arrived at the dedicated pick up spot at 1pm. When I called to find out where the bus was, I was told that we missed it. After explaining the situation, I was told that my $280 would be refunded.

On March 22, I sent an email asking about the refund. I recieved a response stating they would not refund my money unless I got a letter from Carnival Cruise Line showing what time our ship arrived. I called to see if a copy of my orignal itinerary, updated itinerary, and my email would be sufficient. I was told no. I have been on ten cruises and have never had such poor customer service. I also know that getting Carnival Cruise Line to write a letter to Stuart Cove is impossible.

4 Thank Pam7800
Alberta
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Shark Adventure- comfortable,safe,little too of a short dive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I arrived in Nassau with RC cruiselines at 12:10 pm, took a cab and rushed him across the island to Stuart Coves for 1:00pm, arrived there at 12:55pm. They quickly signed me up,got my gear and we left the dock at 1:15pm.I signed up for the Shark Adventure dive and had a blast! Overall they were well organized and co-ordinated.As other have said ,straight to business (do not ask names or experience),quick briefing and off you go.First dive reaching 65ft,soft coral ,parrot fish,turtles and reef sharks following you along I would rate it average.Second tank swim over sandy 35ft deep bottom ,settle in your spot and shark feeding frenzy starts,it lasts about 20min,35min total dive time,great experience!!!Overall it was pleasant experience,knowlegable DM,OK price.
One disappointment was that these dives are unnecessarily short : first one 43min,second 35 min in shallow waters and plenty of air left.

Visited February 2013