“Underwater Fun!”

$84.99*
and up
Nassau Snorkel Bahamas Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is Nassau's leading full service dive centre. Originally opened in 1979, the operation has grown to a fleet of nine dive vessels, with five of the boats over 40 feet in length. Located on the Southwest side of Nassau/New Providence Island, Stuart Cove's is in the ideal location to take advantage of the most diverse diving the Bahamas has to offer. Walls, reefs, wrecks and sharks! There something for everyone from beginner divers to experts. Holiday travelers who have never been diving before will enjoy the 3-hour "Learn To Dive Program". In this program guests will be introduced to the equipment used in the sport of diving in a swimming pool, receive an introduction into the basics of diving, and then complete their first ocean dive. All of this takes place under the supervision of a professional dive instructor. 2-tank dive trips are offered both moring and afternoon with 2-tank Shark dives offered every afternoon. Night dives are available on selected evenings with a minimum of 6 guests. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls that plummet to 6,000 feet of depth, shallow tropical reefs, 13 different locations containing ship or airplane wrecks, and numerous locations that were used as underwater movie sets for feature films. The feature activities at Stuart Cove's for our divers is our "Extreme Shark Adventure". The Shark Adventure program is a 2-tank dive trip that takes divers on an underwater encounter with Caribbean Reef Sharks. On the first dive divers participate in a "free swim" with the sharks along a beautiful wall. On the second dive, the group forms a semi-circle on the 40-foot bottom and watch while a professional shark feeder enters the water with a box of bait. Upon reaching the bottom, the feeder begins feeding the sharks with the aid of a pole spear. To say the sharks come close to the divers is an understatement - they are everywhere! However, Stuart Cove's is not exclusively about diving. It's about sharing the underwater world with as many people as possible. Have a non-diving buddy? We have snorkel dedicated trips that take guests to a variety of shallow reef sites and even visits the sharks weather permitting. Want something more exciting? How about our personal submarines? SUB Bahamas takes adventurers on a trip around a shallow reef and allows them to snorkel as well on a custom boat.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Underwater Fun!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went on the beginner's scuba diving trip in March 2013. What a blast! Since everyone on the boat had at least some prior scuba experience, we skipped the pool training entirely and went right to the cove. After a brief refresher session, we jumped right in! We had many professionals right there with us every minute so we would all stay safe. The water was beautiful and the variety of colorful fish was dazzling. After our scuba adventure, we had about 15 minutes left over to swim to the beach and check out the tidal pools and shells. Then we zoomed over to the shark divers (I got to "drive" the boat) and saw three large sharks in the water! All in all, a great adventure!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“WORST EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My Carnival Cruise itinerary listed our ship arriving in Nassau on March 16 at noon. On February 22, 2013, I booked a diving trip to surprise my daughter. The day before we left on the cruise, March 8, I recieved an updated itinerary from Carnival showing our arrival in Nassau at 1pm. At 10am in the morning, I sent an email to Stuart Cove asking if this was a problem. I did not receive a response. We arrived at the dedicated pick up spot at 1pm. When I called to find out where the bus was, I was told that we missed it. After explaining the situation, I was told that my $280 would be refunded.

On March 22, I sent an email asking about the refund. I recieved a response stating they would not refund my money unless I got a letter from Carnival Cruise Line showing what time our ship arrived. I called to see if a copy of my orignal itinerary, updated itinerary, and my email would be sufficient. I was told no. I have been on ten cruises and have never had such poor customer service. I also know that getting Carnival Cruise Line to write a letter to Stuart Cove is impossible.

4 Thank Pam7800
Alberta
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Shark Adventure- comfortable,safe,little too of a short dive.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I arrived in Nassau with RC cruiselines at 12:10 pm, took a cab and rushed him across the island to Stuart Coves for 1:00pm, arrived there at 12:55pm. They quickly signed me up,got my gear and we left the dock at 1:15pm.I signed up for the Shark Adventure dive and had a blast! Overall they were well organized and co-ordinated.As other have said ,straight to business (do not ask names or experience),quick briefing and off you go.First dive reaching 65ft,soft coral ,parrot fish,turtles and reef sharks following you along I would rate it average.Second tank swim over sandy 35ft deep bottom ,settle in your spot and shark feeding frenzy starts,it lasts about 20min,35min total dive time,great experience!!!Overall it was pleasant experience,knowlegable DM,OK price.
One disappointment was that these dives are unnecessarily short : first one 43min,second 35 min in shallow waters and plenty of air left.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank czkAlberta
Houston
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Incredible shark dive; dockside could use some work”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

While staying in Nassau, I signed up for the shark dive. The dive itself was incredible and the ladies running our dive really put themselves in the middle of chaos for the show. Kudos to them, hope I tipped well enough. I highly recommend the shark dive.

The dock-side operation at SC is very business-like, trying to run as many people through as possible. Guess I can't blame them. Upon arrival, I checked in at one desk and got my gear receipt, then went to another and picked up my gear. Headed for my assigned boat and got my gear all put together. According to guide, we had 9 people on shark dive. 10 mins before we were supposed to leave the dock, somehow that ballooned to 18 people (i guess a large walk up group??). The problem was that our boat could only handle 14 divers. So, after most everyone was already settled, gear hooked up, etc, we had to swap boats with a snorkel group. It was total chaos for about 15 mins. Eventually everyone found their gear and got re-settled. When we returned to the dock, the guides took care of all the gear.

1 Thank Mark D
Watchung, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Diving Operator for Tourists not Divers”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stuart Cove is set up for tourists not divers. This is a huge operation where you are treated like a number. Some of the bad things about it:
1) You have no idea which site you are diving. You are assigned to one of the several boats and never asked where you wanted to go in the first place.
2) There is no description of the sites so you can decide where to dive and plan your dives.
3) Boat had no fruits/chips or iced water whatsoever commonly available in other diving operators.
4) Although Nitrox certified, first dive was a "guided" dive.
5) Although I do not expect anybody to carry or assemble my equipment, some operators do that. Do not expect to be helped out in any way.
Some good things about it:
1) Boat personnel are professional and know their trade.
2) Boats are of good quality.
3) Harbor facilities are adequate and efficient.
4) Nitrox available.