All reviewsscott beachsushigelatosugar millsea turtlesnatural beautywild donkeysbeach servicebeach grillturn down servicenational parkst johnhawks nesttropical fishturquoise waterfour seasonsgarden view
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This is a first class luxury resort that will make you feel like a millionaire. Quiet elegance makes for a relaxing vacation or wedding destination. Plenty of activities to do or just loaf around and enjoy one of the many private beaches. Excellent choices of well prepared cuisine.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I had planned a 3rd trip to Caneel Bay this December prior to the devastation. I cancelled my reservation and awaited patiently for my refund of $4,000. Yes, that is a lot of money and Caneel Bay is not a small business as they have an office in continental US for Sales, Marketing and Finance. I have been told on 3 separate occasions that the cancellation has been processed and refunded - still nothing. I contacted them again and they apologize and say they are processing the refund now (but I thought you stated you already did via email). I understand the horrific nature of the destruction, my money is hard earned as well and being lied to and not refunding money I spent to which I wasn't able to realize its benefits prohibits me from making new plans. This is unacceptable and is terrible for the reputation of this resort and respect to its return customers. You have our money and we deserve to have it back 10 weeks later.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
21  Thank gwen22b
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Our family (myself, my husband, and teen daughter) had the privilege of vacationing at the Caneel Bay Resort in June 2017, our 2nd trip in 2 years and 3rd trip in 5 years. The beauty of the surroundings, the gorgeous beaches, the amazing snorkeling, delicious food, warm employees, and the amazing wildlife (both above & below the water) are just a few of the things that brought us back each time.

We splurged on our last trip and stayed in a “premium beach front” room directly on Scott Beach, our favorite. Although we loved the updated accommodations, we were perfectly happy with the rooms that we stayed in during our previous stays; Ocean View overlooking Caneel Beach and Premium Garden View tucked back against the lush green mountains surrounding the property.

In looking through our pictures, it is hard to imagine that this pristine slice of paradise was ravaged by back-to-back category 5 hurricanes. We are praying that the employees of Caneel Bay and the people of St. John can recover their homes and lives and for the resort’s successful rebuilding efforts in the upcoming year. We so look forward to returning someday.

The Lewis family

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank JDA95
Reviewed September 15, 2017

St John is an untampered natural island. Nice marked snokel trails in the Bay. Take a tour of the whole island, be sure to take a light sweater as this is a mountainous island and can get a little chilly the higher you go. Unlike the majority of carribean islands this is one that respects those who simply enjoy peace and quite while there are many things to do they can be done at your own pace. You do not feel the hustle bustle of a vacation atmosphere.

Room Tip: Bay view suites are relaxing.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Donna H
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Cancel Bay is gorgeous. Drinks and service are unparalleled to anywhere in US Virgin Islands. For the price and being a five star the actual rooms need to be improved to match the other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple