Looking to relax on one of the most perfectly beautiful beaches anywhere? This is the place. My husband and I were looking for a great place to really unwind, let go of some major stress and celebrate our 25th anniversary. We wanted a beach. We could not have picked a more perfect spot. The beaches at Caneel Bay were fabulous! They are very natural and yet groomed, velvet sand, nice shady trees if you want shade, amazing snorkeling right there (we saw sting rays, turtles, a huge barracuda and an amazing array of fish (tiny and large), coral, conchs, all right there. The water is an ever flowing and changing array of blues from nearly clear turqoize to deep navy. We saw some reviews that complained the grounds were not well kept -- if you want to see gardens manicured to precision, this is not for you -- if you want groomed natural perfection, you will LOVE this. The restaurants on the resort were really amazing -- GREAT food and the view of the sunset from the old sugar mill Italian restaurant will absolutely blow you away. The room was huge and lovely. Even though it was a "garden view" room, we had a view (beyond the gardens) of the ocean and St. Thomas in the distance. We got massages in the cabanas -- no "piped in" nu-wave CD player necessary -- it was the REAL thing, waves and breeze and AHHHHHH. We enjoyed walking the grounds and hiking the trails. We ordered our lunches from the grill right there on the beach -- fabulous! I can't wait to go back. Absolutely, hands down, the most perfect beach relax vacation.
I marked a 5 for value -- it is a little pricey, but it is worth every single penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John