After spending part of the USVI trip at another resort on St. thomas, we decided to spend a couple nights at Caneel. It was amazing. We could walk right out from our room to the beach with an amazing view where we could snorkel and see all types of sea life (and donkeys grazing the grounds). The rooms were immaculate, beds very comfortable, a bottle of rum to help us relax and wonderful service all around.
The only negatives were that the shower did not drain properly and one particular staff member was rude when speaking to a coworker when he thought no one was looking. Relatively minor and it did not come close to dampening the mood.
The resort is pricey, but if you are looking for a nice relaxing trip to get away from the outside world, this is the place to be. Perfect for a honeymoon. Five nights here will beat seven anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John