This was our second trip to Caneel Bay. this time we made sure our stay was much longer than 3 1/2 days. we stayed in cabin 50-ocean view not in the beach, seems there's no privacy with beach front. We had an excellent view of Caneel. Room was spacious. Turn down services every night. I think we want to try room 60 next time looks like they have more panoramic windows.
We hiked, snorkeld, ate at all the restaurants, went on kayaking ecotour to Henley Cat--Patrick was a fantastic guide,- you can book through the resort or walk down to honeymoon beach and catch him there, enjoyed a massage by the beach, took advantage of their awesome fitness facilities.. it was great! Last year we visited Caneel during April for our honeymoon. This year we went in May. It was hotter in April but this time they experienced a bit of ran so it made the temperature much cooler. Only bad part ..mosquitoes. we didn't experience this in April. Snorkeling at Scott's Beach was the best, eagle Ray, jumping fish, some turtle. We discovered Cannel beach has more fish due to significantly more coral. Water temperature seemed warmer in May versus April. Went into town found the best place for silver jewelry is at Caravan Gallery--in Mongoose Junction. Bought a case of water (much cheaper)for the room since water is $2/bottle or more. Seems there were significantly less guests on the resort in May versus April. Beaches were never crowded. Took a trip to Trunk Bay, beautiful water, crowded, snorkeling was okay, I thought Caneel Bay was cleaner and all around better. Caneel Resort is just a special peaceful place. I felt myself relax completely. Love all the animals roaming about. Cannot wait for next year's trip. Best restaurant-Turtle Estate, pricey but worth it! Hope some of this helps, message me with questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John