The beaches are breathtakingly incredible, the grounds are beautiful, the wildlife is wonderful to watch. The turndown service was lovely.
The rooms seem dated and not in great shape. The a/c leaked water down onto whoever was below it in the room and was poorly located. Numerous little things didn't work correctly.
Do not underestimate how much you will miss having a phone. Getting in touch with the front desk involves a hike to a phone stand. This is very inconvenient, especially in the middle of the night.
Service at the restaurant was poor; it was as if it was a bother for them to wait on you.
We felt this resort was overpriced and in need of an update. Updating the service could go a long way in compensating for the shortcomings. If the service had been terrific, everything else would've faded into the background (except the phones - that was really a hassle).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John