We traveled last year for our honeymoon during the holiday season. We had a room just in front of the main beach. Room was ok but the overall location is simply amazing. You could walk 10 steps out of the room and snorkelling with one of the best experience ever. The hotel has 7 beaches but we went to only two of them and it was more than enough. I saw manta rays, giant sea turtles and beautiful sea star just snorkelling very close to the beach. The sea is pristine. In the morning you wake up and you see out of the patio wild donkeys, deers and pelicans. Food could be better but the fine dining restaurant was good. The manager of the casual restaurant was great: he managed to serve us good sushi and fresh lobster every night on the terrace making our experience memorable. Yes maybe rooms could be better, maybe overall service could improve (you need to take your own towel to the beach) but overall the place is a paradise. The tour of the island was good as well: it is a beautiful island indeed . Being a rosewood aficionado I am very curious to understand how the hotel changed after it left the chain. Overall it was a memorable experience. One of the best island and location resort in the Caribbean .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 170-acre peninsula amid the lush beauty of the Virgin Islands National Park and seven picturesque beaches, Caneel Bay is one of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Caneel Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Hotel Caneel Bay
- Caneel Bay a Rosewood Resort
- Caneel Bay Resort St John
- Caneel Bay St John