“Best meal while we were on St. John”
Review of ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill - CLOSED

ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2016

I had made reservations about a week or two prior to the date we wanted to visit and I am so glad I did. We were seated right near the railing close to when the sun was setting. We ordered a bottle of the red wine for around $45 - $50 but it made sense vs. having a couple of glasses of wine a piece for $16.

For appetizers I had their pork bone marrow and my husband had their homemade pappardelle served with a light truffle sauce. (As an added note, any of their pasta dishes can be portioned as an entree with an additional fee). We each sampled each other's appetizers and they were both equally delicious and full of flavor.

For dinner I had the pistachio crusted mahi mahi and my husband had their 28 day aged ny sirloin. Again our meals were outstanding. My husband raved over and over how it was probably the best steak he has ever eaten - which made me feel better with the price they charge for it.

Their prices are very expensive, but if you want to go out for a special dinner during your stay on St. John, be sure to make a reservations at Zozo's. It is worth it.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Excellent food and views. A must for a romantic dinner located in an old sugar mill at Caneel Bay. The pistachio crusted mahi-mahi was amazing.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 4, 2016

We dined at ZoZo's on our last evening on St. John. It did not disappoint and sent us home with very positive feelings. The grounds surrounding ZoZo's are gorgeous. We dined right around sunset and it was spectacular. This was the only "upscale" dinner we had while on St. John (most of the island is extremely casual) but it wasn't over-the-top expensive. We enjoyed our meal every bit as much as we did the ambiance.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 1, 2016

good food menu was excellent choises vert clean good service food was tasty nice atmosphere pleasant seating very good drinks will advice travrllers to visit

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2016

My lady and I shared an antipasto plate with pork belly and a number of other things, including the best artichoke hearts I've ever eaten. We didn't leave much on that plate, everything was so tasty. For our entrees I had the osso buco which was on point, and she had a pasta special, which was also delicious. We'd had a nice brunello and wrapped things up with a tiramisu, which was good.

Seth took awesome care of us and all of the food was some of the best I've had on island. Will definitely be returning before long.

Date of visit: August 2016