“over the top view, hospitality, and amazing food...”
Review of ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill - CLOSED

ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've eaten once before at Zozo's in its former location. I was completely impressed that time but neglected to write a review. This time I am writing the review before even going home because this is truly the best restaurant I've eaten at and I am a foodie and Italian is my favorite food group! I have eaten in Italy and Sicily at some wonderful restaurants. I've eaten in the north end of Boston and in NYC at some wonderful restaurants. But Zozo's is undoubtedly the best place I've ever eaten. I went with a friend and we each ordered something different for every course so we could share. Before the night was over we had sampled house made ravioli with beet and goat cheese, pan crusted diver scallops with crispy pancetta on the creamiest polenta, Osso Buco that was the best I've ever had served on risotto (another of my favorite things), red snapper that was tender and crunchy all at the same time, ricotta cheese cake, and house made cannoli made with pizzelles. We had a bottle of Molly Dooker Blue Eyed Boy to go with it and started with cocktails. The staff is amazing and the food is amazing and the view of the sunset over the islands is breathtaking. Nothing has been left to chance. We were early for our reservation and were quickly seated in a lovely lounge area and had drinks and a view and were in no hurry to get to our seats. When we were ready we let them know and were seated right away.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I had a good memory of sunset dinner at Zozo's a number of years earlier on our honeymoon, so we were at first disappointed to hear of the move to Caneel Bay, but made reservations for a special dinner with the large family group we were with on this visit.
It was a great choice for the occasion- the location is beautiful, the look and feel of the place is great. Everyone just felt relaxed from the moment we arrived. We could all watch the beautiful sunset and then see the lights come on over on St. Thomas.
As for the meal, yes, it was very expensive, but its St. John, were a burger or a hotdog anywhere is expensive. No kids menu, but they accommodated all the kids, including a smaller steak for one, and chicken over pasta for another.
With a large group we covered a good part of the menu with our selections, and everyone loved the presentation and the taste of their choices.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had had dinner at the previous location in town, which was great. Now that they have moved it's a home run. Great spot, very good food (red snapper and Mahi Mahi) and fine service. Not a cheap date but a great spot for your last night on the best island in the Caribbean.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This place was excellent. We went with a couple we met on the trip, and the service and food was impeccable.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Our family of four enjoyed a wonderful evening looking out to st Thomas with a gorgeous sunset. Our waiter recognized us from our last visit and was very helpful guiding us thru the menu and taking our pictures. The food is fabulous and very special. Everyone in our party was happy with the selection. I loved it all. Zozos was such fun and delicious looking forward to next time