“I almost hesitate to post this”

Little Lameshur Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bay with a beautiful, broad beach that is ideal for swimming and snorkeling, with a view of Bordeaux Mountain, the island's highest point at 1,277 feet, in the background.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Don't want too many people finding out about this hidden jewel. Takes a bit of effort to get to, but well worth it. Convenient parking close to beach, sandy beach, calm waters, excellent snorkeling, cooking grills and portapotty bathroom facilities.

1  Thank jthames

Reviewed May 20, 2014

After a week of trying all the lovely Northern beaches including Hawksnest, Maho and Trunk Bay we took a very bumpy ride to Lameshur. The road was not paved, had many areas with big dips full of water and no fun after a full tummy from Miss Vie's. You really need to have a jeep or equivalent vehicle to manage the ride. Once we finally made it, the beach was not the lovely sandy beach like the northern ones. Alright so how was the snorkeling? The water was calm near the beach, but we had been told that the best snorkeling was out around the tip of the bay. This means it was a pretty long swim and the currents were very strong. It could have been worse because this was during a full moon. I actually got tired and asked my son to swim me back to shore. However my daughter and her boyfriend enjoyed the underwater world around the tip, but you must be prepared to dive down deep. I would say this is really meant for advanced snorkelers only and you must be a strong swimmer. It was just not my cup of tea.

2  Thank Buttercup92
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This beautiful spot was one of my favorite on St John. The road to get there is pretty terrible, which keeps a lot of people out! Once you get there, the beach is right next to the parking. The ruins are right on the water and the view is not to be missed. I could have sat there all day! Next time, I will bring lunch (they had a grill) and relax all day. It was a great destination and I would highly recommend it for those looking to get away from often-crowded northern beaches. I enjoyed snorkeling (found a turtle too).

Reviewed May 15, 2014

During our vacation to USVI we wanted to snorkle as much as possible. We found this place by accident while trying out some of the off-roading routes. There's a tiny beach that's a bit rocky but once you're in the water, everything is 100% awesome! I felt like I was in a giant aquarium. I have never seen so much marine life in one area. There were huge fish, at least 80-90 lbs, and lots of colorful little guys. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who like to snorkle or wants a quite, out of the way beach.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is worth the rugged drive. A perfect quiet little beach. Pack a cooler no amenities. We had some great snorkeling.