“Loved this beach, calm and empty!”

Little Lameshur Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bay with a beautiful, broad beach that is ideal for swimming and snorkeling, with a view of Bordeaux Mountain, the island's highest point at 1,277 feet, in the background.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved this beach, calm and empty!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This beautiful spot was one of my favorite on St John. The road to get there is pretty terrible, which keeps a lot of people out! Once you get there, the beach is right next to the parking. The ruins are right on the water and the view is not to be missed. I could have sat there all day! Next time, I will bring lunch (they had a grill) and relax all day. It was a great destination and I would highly recommend it for those looking to get away from often-crowded northern beaches. I enjoyed snorkeling (found a turtle too).

Visited May 2014

York, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best snorkling of my life!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

During our vacation to USVI we wanted to snorkle as much as possible. We found this place by accident while trying out some of the off-roading routes. There's a tiny beach that's a bit rocky but once you're in the water, everything is 100% awesome! I felt like I was in a giant aquarium. I have never seen so much marine life in one area. There were huge fish, at least 80-90 lbs, and lots of colorful little guys. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who like to snorkle or wants a quite, out of the way beach.

Visited May 2014
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Beautiful Secret”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is worth the rugged drive. A perfect quiet little beach. Pack a cooler no amenities. We had some great snorkeling.

Visited January 2014
Boston, MA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“The trek out is worth it”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Little Lameshur is lovely. You need a jeep to get there, but once you are there it's quiet and feels like a special treat. Entry into water is rocky and there were many sea urchins in the snorkeling area so maybe not the best for little kids, but our 12 and 13 year olds had a fine time. This was the best beach we went to for shelling if your kids enjoy that.

Visited April 2014
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“It's a bit of a car hike”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

If you have good clearance, this is a great little beach. Snorkel out along the eastern side of the bay. The snorkeling out near the end of the bay is really great. Take it slow on the road coming in, some of the potholes are quite large. Pay attention to the spare tire on your jeep, you may find little yellow warblers perched there on the ride in. We also saw plenty of whitetail deer along the jeep trail.

Visited April 2014