“Don't go here”

Little Lameshur Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bay with a beautiful, broad beach that is ideal for swimming and snorkeling, with a view of Bordeaux Mountain, the island's highest point at 1,277 feet, in the background.
Sedona, Arizona
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Don't go here”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The road to the bay is in very poor condition, and was difficult even with a Jeep. The snorkeling was not good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ben S

Oak Island, North Carolina, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Snorkeling was ok but the ruins were great”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This beach was very nice but rocky to get in. There was some good snorkeling and variety of fish and coral was good. When I walked up the road a little, I came to the ruins of an old sugar mill. It was very interesting and I was renovating the house in my mind as I walked through it. Great experience.

Philadelphia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“But the Drive!!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The drive there was a real challenge. Huge ruts, unpaved portions of road, steep and some areas full of water. We had a jeep so not a real problem. Once there, nice beach and good snorkeling. No facilities.

3 Thank FrankDiB
New Brunswick, New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“hidden gem”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

You definitely need a jeep to get out here! There were four almost pond-like puddles on the unpaved road. I thought this would be deserted but eight other groups of people joined us - which I liked because the idea of just us on the beach/snorkeling spooks me out. Little Lameshur definitely has better snorkeling than Waterlemon Cay! My mom got stung by a jellyfish which sent us back onto the beach but half an hour later after asking people returning from their snorkel, we ventured out again this time further and towards the area where pelicans kept swooping in and catching fish. We were rewarded for returning because we saw thousands of fish swimming in schools under us and around us. It was stunning! The bay is filled with life! We saw many different types of fish as well as coral and I even saw a stingray. Be aware of the many black sea urchins and rocks on the way over to the lively right side of the bay! The water was also extremely calm, beautiful and actually my favorite water on this vacation yet. I think this is a must do for anyone visiting St. John!

1 Thank sarahjustpeachy
Chichester, New Hampshire
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great reefs at the point”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was a swim out to the point (couple hundred yards) but the water got deep and had some caves/tunnels you can snorkel through! Seas were rough due to the tradewinds so visibilty was limited but still a nice place to check out. The road getting to it had lots of puddles but our Kia optima made it!

Visited December 2013