“Maho Bay- The relaxation place”
Review of Maho Bay

$95.00*
and up
St Martin Jet Ski Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Mayho Bay is a popular beach in St. John and home to the Maho Bay Campground, 114 tent-cottages constructed in respect for the environment, making it one of the most publicized eco-tourism destinations in the world.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The water is beautiful, shallow and perfect for just floundering around in the calm waters. Short beach line, but a long beach for walking compared to the smaller coves along the shore.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nice beach but preferred some other nearby beaches. Lousy snorkeling although we did see a sting ray while standing on the beach - didn't even have to go into the water.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Average beach on ST John. Snorkeling was not good. Although there was heavy rains the night before. Because of this thee was a lot of run off going into the ocean and visibility was not good.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was one of my favorite beaches on St. John.
Another reviewer is correct with the amount of birds diving here. I took several pictures of the birds diving. And the minnows, yes, there are a lot of them here, as well as sting rays. I did not see any turtles, however I did not venture to far out without a kayak. I attempted to snorkel, but a rather large fish decided that my toe looked tasty, and took a nibble. That was enough to get me back onto the sand, and wait for my bf to return from his kayak trip.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've been to Maho Bay four times and have loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, they lost their lease and are currently privately owned and not open to guests. I'd LOVE to visit again, as would my wife and eventually our kids. The snorkeling is fine and it's a short swim around the points to other beaches, and Waterlemon is a pretty easy walk.
Concordia is still open, and we'll give that a try, but it's a bit off the beaten path and I don't relish the idea of relying on a car. A kitchen and private bathrooms would be nice though. I'm sure we'll enjoy Concordia too, but I'd love to see Maho open to the public again.