“Beautiful beach”
Review of Cinnamon Bay

Cinnamon Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the unspoiled island refuge, Virgin Islands National Park, this beach offers a variety of water sports from snorkeling and kayaking to sailing and windsurfing, plus a popular beachfront cottage and campsite complex.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The campground is closed until early November, so there weren't a lot of people at Cinnamon Bay when we were there. Very large beach with that beautiful water and soft sand. Great day just hanging out on the sand or in the water. The drive to Cinnamon is a little curvy and steep, but well worth the trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"beach chairs"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was my third visit to the U.S. Virgin Islands, and each time I have wanted to visit Cinnamon Bay, however I had not yet made it. This time I did, and now I feel very bad that it took this long to visit it.

This beach is simply unreal. The water is so clear, as clear as I have ever seen. The beach is incredible as well, and so is the scenery around the bay. This quickly became my, and all of the people traveling with us favorite beach.

Make sure to visit Cinnamon Bay.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We checked the National Park website for information about our return trip to Cinnamon Bay, and the site failed to note that the Park is closed in "the high hurricane season." The beach was wonderful - with a few others like us. The snorkeling requires a 200+ yard swim to the island in the middle of the bay. There, however, we were pleased with coral and tropical fish. The Reception area, bathrooms, changing areas, showers, and snack foods were available with a one-person staff. She was excellent! We hiked into the tropical woods, enjoyed learning from about the sugar mills, and got another taste of St. John history. Taxis to/from Cinnamon Bay were frequent and very good.

2  Thank Kent K
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I love how open this beach is. Tons of space. Has shade. Great snorkeling. This ended up being my favorite of all the beaches.