I just returned from a 5 night stay at Concordia. I went with a friend and we stayed in Eco-Tent E22. Estate Concordia provided ideal lodging. I should say up front that staying at Concordia is like having the most plush camping experience you can imagine. The screens kept 99% of all of the bugs out and the lines, pillows, and beds were very cozy. There is a kitchen in each unit, stocked with a fridge, two gas burners, plates, utensils, cooking pans and tools. The tent tended to get stuffy during the day while we were out, but it always cooled down quickly by opening windows and turning on the fans. The composting toilet worked exactly like a regular toilet. The only downside was the showerhead, which you had to hold in your hand to use. Since the water would heat over the course of the day, we took our showers in the afternoon which was an easy adaptation. I also loved that the hotel was so eco-friendly and really felt like you were a part of the beautiful natural surroundings instead of separate from them. And of course the view was absolutely fabulous looking out over Salt Pond Bay and Drunk Bay.
The mood of the hotel was very friendly and the staff was always willing to answer any questions we had. There was a washer/dryer on site, as well as a pool and small store. The restaurant also serves delicious food. The pool was small but definitely adequate especially considering that Salt Pond Bay is either a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk away. There are definitely a lot of stairs, but you quickly get used to them and there are handicap accessible tents for those that need them. Personally, I loved the location because it was very secluded, but there was still a grocery store 15 minutes away and of course plenty of trails and bays nearby.
All of that being said, if you are looking for an air-conditioned, manicured, and typical luxury resort experience(without a view) that has access to the bars and shopping, you should go elsewhere. But if you are excited about the idea of staying in ecologically friendly accommodations with gorgeous views and a front row seat to all of the beautiful natural activities that St. John has to offer, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Concordia Eco Resort is currently closed because of the significant impact from Hurricane Irma. We will be closed for the remainder of 2017 and 2018. If you have made reservations, our reservations team will be contacting you once we get communications back on-line in the upcoming months to refund your deposits. Thank you for your understanding and support during this difficult time. Concordia Eco-Resort offers a variety of accommodations to satisfy our die-hard Eco-Tent fans, as well as those vacationers looking for a few more creature comforts, unplugged and surrounded by the beautiful VI National Park. (Check out our new Eco-Studios.) Our 25 Eco-Tents and Premium Eco-Tents are independent units perch like tree houses along the hillside. A 15 minute nature hike to Salt Pond Bay provides some of the best snorkeling on St. John. Cafe Concordia serves Breakfast, Dinner, Happy Hour, and Sunday Brunch in High Season, call for seasonal hours, but feel free to take full advantage of the kitchenette and refrigeration provided in your unit for cooking year round. Hope to see you soon in beautiful St. John. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Concordia Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concordia Eco-Tents Hotel Virgin Islands National Park
- Concordia Eco-Resort St. John/Virgin Islands National Park