We really loved our stay at P13. It has to be the best place in the resort. The views are just spectacular. Drunk Bay is rough with craggy rocks and crashing waves, looked like Ireland. Salt Pond Bay is a beautiful Carribean beach. (there is also Salt Pond which is a pond), and then the giant forested hill (can't remember the name) between the two, well it was almost overwhelming. All this was very accessible. We felt we were all alone out there almost. Every evening we had rum drinks and looked at the stars, every morning we watched Hermit Crab Highway. I will admit, I did feed the hermit crabs. They love fig newtons and bananas, don't care for grapes much. The compost toilet and the eco-shower sounded a little scary but was not a bit of a problem in any way. The place is like summer camp without the bugs and sand. We took our showers at night because we were out every day snorkling and hiking. We had to add cool water because the shower would get too hot. I don't know how it would be in the morning. There was pink eco-soap for hands and body and shampoo I guess, but it has an icky smell. The blue eco-soap for the kitchen was fine. Most of the staff was so great to give us ideas about what to do and where to go, I am so sorry I didn't write down their names. We brought our own beach towels and left them there. We brought Deet but it was awful and we only needed it once while watching a sunset. I would say bring something but not Deet. We went to Skinny Legs and Island Blues for drinks but really, you can get expensive hamburgers anywhere. Except conch fritters, you can only get those at Island Blues. We loaded up at the Starfish Market (there is a liquor store and drug store right there also) and ate in our tent on the deck or had a picnic. We did eat in a local place once, (ask a taxi driver), poor people, they were so afraid to give the white people fish with bones! Wow, their food was so good! Fish with gravy, baked green bananas, baked pumpkin. We stayed 10 nights, in the tent 6 nights and then moved to an Eco-Studio, A15. The tent was better to me, the mattresses were more comfortable in the tent, more privacy, better views, you could hear the surf at night, in the studio you could not hear much but other people. I could only wish for a ceiling fan and the tent would be perfect. The wonderful bartender at Island Blues said to take the ferry to Charlotte Amalie for a 45 minute ferry ride and a 15 minute taxi ride to the airport (instead of 15 min ferry ride and 45 minute taxi) but that ferry was broken when we left. I would much rather ride on a ferry than in a taxi. If you have to park your jeep (you are going to rent a jeep, get over it), Slim Man's by the Catholic church was so nice and also helpful about getting around. And we attended Mass at the Catholic Church, the locals know how to sing! and celebrate Mass devoutly. I could write a long time, but do go to Haulover Bay once you get comfortable snorkling, there are reefs unlike any other, just enormous in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Concordia Eco-Resort offers a variety of accommodations to satisfy our die-hard Eco-Tent fans, as well as those vacationers looking for a few more creature comforts, unplugged and surrounded by the beautiful VI National Park. (Check out our new Eco-Studios.) Our 25 Eco-Tents and Premium Eco-Tents are independent units perch like tree houses along the hillside. A 15 minute nature hike to Salt Pond Bay provides some of the best snorkeling on St. John. Cafe Concordia serves Breakfast, Dinner, Happy Hour, and Sunday Brunch in High Season, call for seasonal hours, but feel free to take full advantage of the kitchenette and refrigeration provided in your unit for cooking year round. Hope to see you soon in beautiful St. John. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Concordia Eco-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concordia Eco-Tents Hotel Virgin Islands National Park
- Concordia Eco-Resort St. John/Virgin Islands National Park