“SO Glad we rented boards from SUP St. John!”

SUP St. John - Learn to Paddleboard in the USVI
Ranked #17 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SUP Lessons on St. John St. John with its beautiful beaches and warm water is the perfect place to learn to paddleboard. With a board you can get to those unspoiled places that cannot be reached by foot or car. It is best to start in a calm bay with little waves and winds. The basic technique (paddle stroke and turns) can be learned in 1-2hours. Everybody can do it, from 5 year old kids to 70 year old seniors. If you have paddled before or want to try it on your own, we also have high quality paddle boards for rent, you can do day rentals or weekly rentals. We also rent out snorkeling gear which you can add to the paddle board rental packages (we have the new Easybreath full face masks as well as traditional masks, snorkels and fins). Or go for a night paddle with our new LED night paddles!
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Just took our 2nd vacation in St John and knew that we love SUP at home and wanted to paddle on our trip.
SUP St. John was perfect! We rented the boards for the whole week, arranged an easy pickup of the boards and was THRILLED to have really GOOD boards and paddles for our trip. It makes a huge difference to rent high quality boards, at the resorts all you can rent are heavy boards that make paddling much more challenging and a lot less fun.
These guys were willing to go over a map with us, give us tips on good spots to paddle and even took us out on a downwinder! Made our trip super fun and special!
Extremely pleased we went with them!

3  Thank Lauren H
There are newer reviews for SUP St. John - Learn to Paddleboard in the USVI

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Lucy took me on a challenging down winder, and it was great! In addition to being very flexible, responsive and accommodating to my timing and needs, Lucy was kind about my skills challenges and offered detailed instruction that was easy to follow. I am a frequent but undisciplined paddler. Lucy showed me where my form needs improvement without making me feel like a mess. She also exudes excitement and desire to help others enjoy a great paddling experience. She is a wonderful ambassador of paddling and kind instructor in a beautiful location. We were able to communicate through emails and texts; she made it easy! Isn't that what everyone wants on vacation?

4  Thank kacstuart
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I rented 2 paddle boards for my family to share as a Christmas gift to my dad. We rented 2 different types of boards to meet the varying ability levels of my family. Lucy was so kind to take the time to explain the differences in the boards, as well as pair us with the right boards to provide us with an optimal experience. We had a blast taking the boards all over the island to paddle around variety of beaches. Nothing beats paddling at Francis Bay as Sea Turtles swim beside you and Sting Ray glad beneath you!
Through the entire process Lucy was amazing. She was helpful, kind, and took the time to make our pick up and drop off extremely easy. I will definitely rent through Lucy when I return next year!

3  Thank Jgluck4
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Lucy was such a pleasure - she was flexible about scheduling, was great at explaining the basics, got the whole family (including 7 year-olds) up and going, and gave us good advice that improved our form. Highly recommended!

3  Thank MBCINDC
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I was in St John two weeks ago and while there I did SUP (Stand Up
Paddle) boarding for the first time. I did not know what to expect. I
had watched others learn at different places and they would keep
falling off. I was excited to try something new and I was not
disappointed. Lucy was an excellent teacher and after a 5 minute on
land lesson it was time to hit the water. I did not have any issues
and was able to get right up and stay up on the board. In addition
Lucy would provide me with tips as I was paddling. I highly recommend
Lucy as your teacher if you are looking to try something new and fun.

3  Thank MXMadventure