“Always a favorite”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Been going to St John for many years. Never a bad meal at La Tapa. Great seating on the outside with a sidewalk view. Great jazz on Tuesday nights.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

La Tapa is certainly a treat for us! My wife treated my for my birthday and it's certainly at the top of my St. John list. Best seafood I've had on St. John. Mahi was so cooked so perfectly I can't even begin to describe how they do it! Nor do I care as long as they keep doing it, I will keep going back for more!

Excellent wine selection too!

Little tip if you go - don't be afraid to sit inside - I know the St. John weather begs to differ but it's an amazingly cozy restaurant and it will spare you from "happy hour heroes" hanging outside of woody's.

1  Thank jon e
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We really enjoyed our dinner at La Tapa! The atmosphere is great, very cozy and inviting. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. Food is unusual, imaginative and delicious. Also, very good wine here!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We had a very good dinner at La Tapa. Food was excellent and service very good. Especially the gazpacho was phenomenal. But... The location is not great. Located on a busy road. Moreover, we were tucked away on the side of the restaurant where there was not much ambience. Finally, the portions are very small. Yes, tapas are not big but the cheese platter was very small. Maybe one cannot expect more when ordering Spanish cheeses on a Caribbean island but still would have expected a bit more.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in STJ. We always have a delicious meal and the atmosphere right on the street is great!