“SO FUN!!”

Noahs Little Arks, St John
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was the highlight of our cruise. There were 8 of us (including my 80 year old grandma that we were unsure if she could handle this) and we rented 2 small dinghy's from Noahs. It does get a little choppy out there in spots so you have to slow down or get soaked, but that is all part of the fun. Some areas are really calm, some are a bit rougher. You can always take it slow and stop every 20 minutes at a different beach. Amazing beaches and such a cool trip. Even grandma loved it! Great adventure.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have had two very positive experiences with Noah's Little Arks. They have recently invested money in new boats/engines and we were very pleased with our 12ft. dinghy. We had a great time on the water as the dinghy allows you to do things that are not possible with only a Jeep. We really enjoyed snorkeling an old airplane wreck off of Little Cinnamon Bay. I would use this company again. Very professional service and great fun for the $$$.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Let me start by saying my husband and I are no strangers to boats, we've both owned smaller boats (21-25') and done alot of tooling around our area. We rented a 14' dinghy after being told we'd have no problem getting to Waterlemon for snorkeling. Well, we weren't 15 minutes into the trip and any relaxing was over. These boats are just too small to navigate to Waterlemon most days. We couldn't make it around the point, just getting past Cinammon Bay and Maho was uncomfortable at best. We did stop at Maho, Cinammon, Hawksnest, Francis, and Trunk but I wish we hadn't spent the $125 for our half day. On the other hand, we have no complaints about the service we received or the boat itself, only that they are too small for what they are advertising them for.

1  Thank capiegirl
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went with Noahs Ark after reading some bad Trip Advisor reviews of a competing service. I never saw the Noahs Ark Trip Advisor reviews until now and am sort of surprised at how low they are. For us, the experience was great. We got one of the grey 12 foot dinghies for a full day and it was a blast. We had a rental car but wanted a boat to visit snorkeling sites the masses could not easily drive to....and mission accomplished. We found some great beaches/reefs absent of any people with great snorkeling, esp Henley Cay just north of Cruz Bay. Boat worked great and overall it was a blast. So much fun to be a captain for a day with full freedom to stop wherever I wanted to & moor up. That said, go in eyes wide open because the boats are very basic and you pretty much are on your own out there. You need to be a decent navigator & also comfortable tying up yourself. Bring a cell phone just in case of an emergency because as others pointed out, the boats have no radios.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

It is really hard to mess up a day cruising around St John, but having a boat that won't start, no VHF radio, no ladder, and no first aid kit can turn a perfect day into a nightmare. Fortunately my husband and I are experienced boaters and my husband knew how to get the boat started after realizing the battery cables were so loose they would easily come off of the posts even when the boat was still. At least half of the handles on the sides of the dinghy were torn of or broken which made getting back on the boat from the water close to impossible, even for my husband who has hulk like upper body strength. When I cut my foot, a nearby boat loaned us their first aid kit which was really fortunate since our dinghy did NOT come equipped with one. Granted I should have had protective footwear on but there really is no excuse for not equipping any vessel with a first aid kit.

Having read previous reviews, I did not really want to use these guys in the first place, but it being the off season in St. John, our choices were limited because many of the companies here close for the season or use this time of year for servicing their vehicles. They were our only option for a dinghy. I would recommend avoiding this company if at all possible.

5  Thank mcbearrentine