“Romantic Dinner!”

The Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: French inspired fine dining and fine wines. Located on the waterfront in Cruz Bay, between Grande Bay Resort and Wharfside Village. Bar opens nightly at 4:30 for our fresh oyster happy hour, restaurant opens at 5:30. Open 7 days. Reservations recommended
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Terrace is a great restaurant for a romantic evening. We dined outside. The food was wonderful and the service was great. They are in a great location right on the water. Dinner was a bit pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had the best meal of our stay on St. John at the Terrace. I had the mahi mahi with the Meyer lemon wild rice. The peas and the blanched almonds added to the texture and flavor. The hint of lemon and fresh herbs was delectable!! The fish was perfectly cooked (evenly). My husband had filet. He is a steak fan from the Midwest (where they claim to know their beef), and he raved about how tender and flavorful it was! We shared a lemon curd Napoleon, which was light and flavorful. The staff was great! The chef is certainly exceptional!!!!

1  Thank ctsailor1
Reviewed February 1, 2014

After telling us that we couldn't get a reservation at ZoZo's, the Westin concierge suggested The Terrace, which turned out to be a fabulous alternative. My friend and I were able to get a 6 pm reservation and were promptly seated at a table at the rail, overlooking the harbor.

Our server, Allen, was polite and professional. We shared an appetizer special of Oysters Rockefeller that were succulent, with a perfectly seasoned spinach, cream, and panko topping, My friend enjoyed the lobster tail special with angel hair pasta, asparagus, and an orange tarragon buerre blanc. My dish was seared yellow fin tuna with a celery root purée,
three kinds of mushrooms (oyster, chanterelles, and king trumpet), leeks, honey Dijon, and pomegranates. It may sound like an unlikely combination, but it was absolutely exquisite.

Alas, no room for dessert tonight. But perhaps next time, since the Terrace is a restaurant we would definitely visit again!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Terrace is our favorite restaurant when visiting St. John. I don't even like seafood that much, but their mahi is quite possibly the best meal I've ever eaten! My husband also had their Caribbean lobster on our last visit, and it, too, was amazing. We love the sunset view from their balcony.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was the finest meal we had on the island. The Terrace has a lovely setting, and presents a restful and gracious reprieve from the hustle and bustle of Cruz Bay. It is intimate,, and its food is wonderful. We had a ceviche and then tuna and we would heartily recommend any fish dish based on these. Not to be missed