“Stop and eat here!”

The Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: French inspired fine dining and fine wines. Located on the waterfront in Cruz Bay, between Grande Bay Resort and Wharfside Village. Bar opens nightly at 4:30 for our fresh oyster happy hour, restaurant opens at 5:30. Open 7 days. Reservations recommended
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Happened upon The Terrace when our first choice didn't have any tables available. Lucky for us we stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant. We sat outside and had a lovely meal. Everything was delicious and the wait staff was attentive not overbearing. Highly recommend you try this restaurant!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I had an exceptional dinner here at the end of our vacation. Our children had already left -thankfully, because prices were a bit steep. But oh....what a remarkable meal it was! My husband had oysters and the steak. I had the lobster/arugula salad and the lamb. The sweet potato and celery root gratin was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted! The wine list is incredible! Everything was perfect until the last 15 minutes of our evening, when our waiter just kind of disappeared to chat with friends at another table. Another server brought us our bill and bid us "good night", but not so much as a wave from our waiter...

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

$46 for 2 double lamb chops? They were excellent however but still not worth the price. $16 for Oysters Rockefeller which were small and just fair. 2 of them without much oyster.The frog legs plump with a nice sauce and tuna done perfectly. The bread pudding first rate.Still I think something is missing here that makes me feel its overpriced for what we got. This place needs a few more interesting apps, entrees, and some sides.Mahi, stuffed shrimp, filet mignon boring. Zozo's less expensive with bigger portions and better wine list.

2  Thank kod
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ate here on our last night and loved it!! This was our fist time at the Terrace and certainly lived up to the hype. I still like Zozo's as my favorite but my wife now prefers The Terrace (with La Tapa a close 2nd) - great to have so many good choices on a small island. I had the Oysters Rockefeller and the Mahi which were both excellent. My wife had a salad and the Wahoo special which was superb!! Had a recommended bottle of white wine which was a perfect fit - great dining experience!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here. Good wine selection and view of Cruz Bay. It was so lovely to sit out on the terrace and enjoy and very well prepared meal. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting St. John.