“Few options and pushy service”
Review of Cafe Livin - CLOSED

Cafe Livin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,087 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,516 helpful votes
“Few options and pushy service”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

It's just ok for breakfast. It has very few options.
I had a bowl of granola with fruits (few blueberries to be more precise), $6. And we also had some eggs with tortilla (migas) that were fine, $9.
Very pushy service and cash only.

• Visited January 2014

dux
“Christmas STJ”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great breakfast and very pleasant service. Bloody Mary's were fabulous. I usually had the same; eggs over easy with home fries but so yummy. My son loved the croissant egg sandwiches too. People watching very fun too.

Visited December 2013
Fairhope, Alabama
“Great Bloody Mary”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We enjoyed a nice breakfast here. I had a veggie omlette and my husband had a breakfast sandwich. The omlette wasn't on the menu though they did not hesitate to accomodate the request. The waitress was super sweet.

• Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Over priced. Low quality”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We ordered two milkshakes for $7 each. They were 8 ounce cups and weren't even filled up all the way, the server was not friendly, and the shake was made out of ice and a milk mix. I see lots of other good reviews, so I would suggest avoiding the iced milkshakes. The location is convenient.

• Visited December 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Great spot to grab a bite before taking the ferry back!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stopped here on our way back from St. John after a week in Coral Bay. We had time to kill, it was 10:00 a.m. and no restaurants were open but this one. And we are so glad! The place was hoppin' but the woman who helped us never seemed stressed and was seriouly one of the friendliest people I'd ever seen. My mother-in-law asked a million questions about the menu, and she stayed helpful when many would have melted. She also recommended the breakfast burrito, which was the tastiest thing we had for breakfast on the island -- the grilled veggies inside make it outstanding. The bloody mary's were tasty and frozen drinks just right. My husband wanted a margarita and, though they didn't have all the fixings, they created somethign even better for us -- a skinny margartia they should put on the menu!

Visited November 2013