We were very happy with this bed and breakfast. It gets great reviews and it did not disappoint. I thought the room was nicer than the pictures on their website. We were in the Maho room, which is in the least expensive room category—a garden room. Even though it was a garden view, you could still see the ocean pretty well from our balcony. The view of Cruz Bay was great. The room was nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable. There is also a sitting area with a small sofa and coffee table. There was even a little kitchenette area which had a sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker—plus dishes, silverware, and stuff to make coffee, tea and cocoa . While not huge, the room was larger than I expected and the balcony was also very spacious. I only have two small complaints about the room—and these problems would definitely not keep me from staying there again. A few of the blinds were broken, so I felt the need to put pillows in the window so no one could see in (maybe I’m a little paranoid!). Also, there was not much water pressure in the shower. I remember having that problem at our villa in St. John last year also, so I don’t know if most places on the island have this problem. Or if they do it on purpose to conserve water. The grounds were beautifully manicured. The breakfast was sufficient. It was good, but not really anything special. We really liked that they had the honor bar with sodas, beers and liquors. That’s a nice touch and very convenient. The location was great. You could walk into town if you wanted (though we didn’t do this because there is no sidewalk). It’s a very short drive to town and also a short drive to the North Shore beaches. We liked not having to drive through town every time we wanted to drive to a beach. It’s also walking distance to Honeymoon and Solomon beach. It was about a 15 minute walk on a downhill trail to get to these beaches. To get back to the b&b you could either walk back up the trail, or you could take a short 5 minute trail to Caneel and take a taxi back. We took the easy way because we were tired after so much snorkeling, and we also wanted to visit Caneel B ay beach as well. We were also just plain lazy, afterall, we were on vacation! I also have to mention how wonderful our host was. Lauren was extremely helpful and answered all our questions about the island. She also arranged a great last minute snorkeling trip with Captain Rusty on Tressel. It was just the two of us and the captain, and it was a great price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic small inn within the VI Nat'l Park, overlooking picturesque Cruz Bay harbor - walking distance to gorgeous white sandy beaches and the shopping and restaurants of town. Modern, comfortable rooms, with all amenities. Charming old-world ambiance with beautiful gardens. A rare property, with very personal attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Estate Lindholm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estate Lindholm Hotel Cruz Bay
- Estate Lindholm St. John/Cruz Bay