I pushed the budget envelope on this vacation. My GF and I have no kids and love staying at B&B’s. After reading raving reviews here we booked our Vaca with Lauren last fall for our trip this January 2014.
I’ll start that Estate Lindholm has amazing views, rooms are clean, breakfast more than satisfactory, well-manicured grounds and even have a few cute cats (Boots) greeting you from time to time.
We stayed in Jan 2014 in what was described as a transition period. The innkeepers have divorced and Lauren is no longer with the Estate. Which may have something to do with a few snafus during our stay. Nothing fatal but one could feel the effects of a missing manager and some on the job training for both owner and his new ast’ manager.
The lost reservation, not getting picked up at the ferry and being placed in the wrong room did put a sour taste in our mouths.. Especially after a 12 hour trip to get to the island. In speaking to a few guests it seemed they might have had some of the same types of issues.
That aside, we were placed in the correct room 2 days later and had a wonderful time at the Estate. Brian is the breakfast master of ceremonies, guiding you to the secret beach spots and places to see while on the island. Angela is warm and pleasant and was dedicated to make our stay comfortable.
There is an honor bar (liquor and beer), and again the views from the pool deck or your room are fantastic. Cruz bay is a short walk but BE ADVISED a steep short walk. Mongoose Jnct has shops and dinner which were all very good. Everything is $$$ on the island. Cab rides are $5-8 each depending on location.
Estate Lindholm has beach chairs and coolers to borrow. We did pack a lunch and did an easy hike from the back of the Estate to Honeymoon Beach, where you can also access Caneel Bay Resort. The hike up Caneel Hill, also off the back of the property, is recommended for wonderful 360-degree views of the island.
There were a few nights where we did hear the rock band from town. The wind would carry the sound; sometimes it seems the band was outside our window! You will also hear large trucks downshifting on the large hill behind the property during the daytime hours. There were no problems with other tenants etc on the property itself being loud. The property and surrounding areas can be very dark at night and early in the morning if you need to catch the early ferry to St Thomas.
A wonderful property and we could listen to Brian illustrate the history of it and his stories all afternoon…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic small inn within the VI Nat'l Park, overlooking picturesque Cruz Bay harbor - walking distance to gorgeous white sandy beaches and the shopping and restaurants of town. Modern, comfortable rooms, with all amenities. Charming old-world ambiance with beautiful gardens. A rare property, with very personal attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Estate Lindholm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estate Lindholm Hotel Cruz Bay
- Estate Lindholm St. John/Cruz Bay