“Tropical Find!!!”
Review of Estate Lindholm

Estate Lindholm
Ranked #1 of 5 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2012

First time at E. Linholm, certainly won't be our last. Best location on the island, 5 minutes to Cruz Bay and only a little more to the Park and the beaches. We love tropical gardens and E. L. doesn't disappoint! Beautiful lush gardens, tropical flowers everywhere, all so carefully thought out. Loved the frogs singinf at night after a shower. We were in the Caneel room, great view of Cruz Bay. The entire property is laid out for your comfort and pleasure, from the complimentary coolers and chairs, to the pool area and honor bar. You get a sense that you can have as much guest contact or privacy as you want. The breakfast was just right, enough to get you going but not so much that it interfered with lunch at all the wonderful places to eat on the island. Laurin and her family do a wonderful job of making you welcome and should be proud of their product. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OldTexasTraveler
There are newer reviews for Estate Lindholm

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week stay and Estate Lindholm. We stayed in the Rendezvous Room. The room was very cute, clean and had a wonderful view of the ocean. I felt like the location of EL was perfect. A 5 minute walk down the hill to town and 10 minutes back up. There are a few beautiful beaches that you can hike to that take around 15 minutes or so. The grounds of EL and so pretty with a lot of plants, flowers, wildlife and views of the ocean. Breakfast was adequate. Having said that, I feel that I must mention one factor that makes this a "3" star opposed to a "5" star. The woman who runs this B&B is an extremely busy woman. Running around trying to do everything. This lends itself to some feelings of "not so great" customer service. I truly believe that intentions are good from the Owner/Manager, but at times we felt as if we were bothering her. For example we asked for an alarm clock that worked (ours was broken) to be sure we were awake for our $300 non-refundable excursion. She did not have another one but said she would give us a wake up call, which she did. But on the next day when we explained we had another excursion planned and we still did not have an alarm clock that worked, we got, "sorry, I will be in St. Thomas and I dont think I can call to wake you." That was it, no options, no alarm clock. I had to call back home to have someone in my family call to be sure we were up by 6:30am. Having said that, I feel it is very poor management if you are running a B&B to get that kind of answer. On another occasion she was gracious enough to give us a ride into town. Unfortunately on the ride we heard about how she does not get a break and does this every day all day. And how she can not even go out for an evening without getting a call from the B&B. Really BAD idea to tell your guests that your frustrated with how busy you are. There's more, but I think enough has been said. She is nice, but we (and other guests we spoke to) feel that she is burnt and should either quit or try to recognize how she is "coming off" to guests. I would stay there again if it were run differently. You will have no problems as long as you dont expect much from staff. Location is Primo!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Chloe1126
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was our second stay at Estate Lindholm. We found all of the things we loved six years ago -- the great views, friendly proprietors, easy access to Cruz Bay, challenging hike down to beautiful,secluded Honeymoon Beach. The view from "Genti" wasn't quite as spectacular as we remembered from "Cinnamon," but the newer unit was more comfortably laid out. Our only concern is that the expanded facility seems to offer more maintenance challenges that the owners can keep up with. The vertical blinds in our room were broken, and the entry door would not open completely due to a high spot on the tile floor. The jalousy window got stuck in the closed position, and the owner's response was that it needed "encouragement." Encouragement didn't work, so we were forced to use the AC more than we would have liked to. The pool wasn't as invitingly clean as we remembered it. These are little things, however, and the overall experience was still very pleasant. We would definitely recommend Etate Lindholm to our friends.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kyflour
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I went to St. John in April 2012. We chose Estate Lindholm because of the reviews. We had a fabulous time. The grounds are gorgeous and the people were so friendly. We booked a little late, so we weren't able to get a Bay view, but that was ok. We just took our cocktails down by the common area pool and watched the sunset each night. They provide towels, beach chairs and coolers for the day trips.
I loved the hike down to Honeymoon and Solomon Beaches.
We would walk down the steep hill for dinner every night and then take a $6-$8 cab ride home. This place is far enough away from all the noise and hub-bub, but easily accessible. I wouldn't recommend walking up the hill, especially at night.
Nice breakfasts in the morning as well.
The bed was comfy and the room quite large.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lindholm for 5 nights for our "babymoon" trip, and absolutely loved every minute of it. The location is perfect - we walked down the steep hill to town many times, and walked back up if it wasn't too dark. (It takes about 5 minutes to walk into town and about 10 to hike back up, but I wouldn't recommend doing it in the dark - the roads have no shoulders to speak of.) We also loved the Lindholm's proximity to Solomon and Honeymoon beaches (it's about a 10-15 minute trail hike) since they are fairly secluded. Solomon was our favorite; it had beautiful white sand and very clear water. We saw our first sting ray after only being in the water for about a minute - so neat! Brion and Lauren (owners) have a lot of beach chairs and coolers to use, which were very nice to have and not difficult to carry.

We stayed in the Hawksnest room and absolutely loved it. It is an ocean view room, so we sat in the rocking chairs on the balcony every night to watch the boats and see the gorgeous sunsets. Now that we're back home, the balcony and rocking chairs are what we miss the most - they were the ultimate in relaxation. I miss St. John and the Estate Lindholm so much.... I really hope we'll be able to return soon!

My advice: stay here and pay the little extra for an ocean view room... it is DEFINITELY worth it!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are wonderful - you won't regret spending a little extra for them
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I spent a week at Lindholm and couldn't have been more pleased with the stay. The bedroom was comfortable, the grounds - while not expansive - are beautifully landscaped and offer a great view to the sea. It is a short walk to two beautiful and quiet beaches and is close (but not too close) to town. We also enjoyed running the trails in the vicinity of the inn, but be ready for at least one tough hill no matter which way you go!). Access to the beaches and sights is easy from Lindholm; we rented a jeep for three days and spent the other three days snorkeling the local beaches and in and around town relaxing. Oh, and a great price relative to other lodging options on the island. Ate at the adjacent restaurant one night - great setting, good food, only had enough money for that one meal.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Estate Lindholm and enjoyed every minute of it! First, the location is the best on the island with a beautiful view of Cruz Bay Harbor. Every night we sat on the balcony of our room or on the patio by the pool and enjoyed the sunset over St. Thomas. During the day we walked to Solomon or Honeymoon Beach. Our hosts provided a cooler, towels and chairs to make our time on the beach comfortable! Each morning, we would plan out our day with the help of our wonderful hosts Lauren, Brion and Christie. We appreciated their guidance on best places to go - beaches, restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, etc. Each morning we enjoyed breakfast on the patio enjoying the view, the birds and the beautiful flowers. We can't wait to return in 2013!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas

Been to Estate Lindholm? Share your experiences!