I stayed here as it was one of the cheapest places to stay on the island (not cheap in general terms however) but was disappointed mainly with the standard of cleanliness and the insect infestations but let's start with the positives :
Pros - excellent location, walking distance to cruz bay shops and restaurants (however the steep hill climb was not easy esp in the heat), owner picked up from ferry terminal, welcome guest basket of fruits very nice touch, AC in good working order and good sized rooms.
Cons - thick layer of grime on most surfaces including the kitchen, holes in the mosquite grilles so hey got in and we got bitten to death and worst of all at night cockroaches came out to play in the kitchen!
I wanted to leave but my travelling companion refused. I wish I had as despit how beautiful st john was as an islanf when I remember it the memories as marred by the dread I felt on having to return to this place...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hillcrest Guest House is a romantic accommodation with million dollar ocean and garden views. $185 to 235/day. 2 day minimum ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Hillcrest Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillcrest Guest House Hotel Cruz Bay
- Hillcrest Guest House St. John/Cruz Bay