Cruz Views Condos
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$395
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$273
Travelocity
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$268
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssteep hillsized bedthe kitchenliving roomparking spotclose to townair conditionedevery morningcondobalconycoolertaxijohnislandparadise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for a week, and loved it. PERFECT for couples. Clean, updated.
Only issue I would see if you wanted to cook there is no oven. But that is it. Nice bathroom, bedroom.
Pool could have been a little cleaner, but your going to the Beach anyway.
I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sld48
Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a whole, the Cruz Views condos are a great location and the added bonus of a nice pool and deck area. While I've heard good things about some of the units, we (2 adult couples) stayed in #5 and it was a poor experience. The unit is in dire need of updates and some TLC, particularly in the loft and bathroom. For our entire four night trip there were constantly ants in the bathroom. At first, just two or three, which is manageable. After the third night, I went into the bathroom in the morning and reached for my toothbrush, which is when I noticed about 50 ants pouring onto the bathroom counter through a hole in the tile (the caulk was missing in several areas and there were lots holes between the tiles, but only one that I noticed the ants coming in from). Additionally, the bathroom hasn't been updated in ages has an overall "never quite clean" feeling to it. The loft was in even worse shape. The "carpeted" floor is absolutely filthy and I even spotted at least one ant up there. There are no shades on the windows so the light comes pouring in first thing in the morning, which was fine for us, but others might not appreciate. However, whoever washed the windows used dirty water, as was apparent from the dirty water stains all over. In addition, it's a very steep climb up the ladder, which might prove very difficult for children or adults with knee/joint problems. There is no mirror or garbage can upstairs, which meant a trek down the dreaded ladder to throw out a tissue or apply suntan lotion with the assistance of a mirror. The bedroom on the ground floor appeared to be in much better shape, although I'm not sure if/when the floor in the ground area was ever cleaned. My feet were black just from walking around in the morning. On the plus side, there's a balcony (although with a partially obstructed view), and plenty of towels for the shower and beach going for a party of four. I'd be willing to try Cruz Views again, but only if I could book one of the more updated units.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank malks12
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've stayed at Cruz Views approximately 5 times now, in units 1, 2, and 8. Our most recent stay was in Jan '13 in unit 8. This unit is in poor shape. The safe was broken and unusable. There are only 5 washclothes provided for 2 people for 8 days (no laundry). The bed linens are threadbare. We were eaten alive by noseeums in the living room. It's not worth the money saved, to stay here any more.

Also be aware that Caribbean Villas charges a 5% "service fee" that other companies don't charge. Your actual rate, therefore, will be 15% more than the rental rate (USVI tax + service fee). Additionally, although they are capable of processing credit card payments, they will not do so unless you are booking last minute. Capitol One says that a company cannot refuse to accept a card as payment if they are set up to receive payment this way.

On the plus side, Sunny the caretaker goes out of his way to be helpful, and the on-island office people have always been helpful. It's not a difficult walk into town, and only a $5 taxi fare to return to the condo. The pool area is nice and clean.

Room Tip: Units 1, 3, 7 and 10 have better reviews. Unit 2, while occupied, had an attempted break in during one of our stays. Unit 8 is pretty shabby - bring your own washclothes.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mindehankins
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My adult daughter and I just returned from yet another trip to St. John. It is a favorite family vacation spot and we have stayed at Maho Campground, Beach Music (twice), Ciellodonna, Rara Avis and now Cruz Views #9. This place was perfect for the two of us. We shared a king-sized bed and it had all we needed for a quick get away. It was air conditioned in the bedroom and because it was hot, it was necessary to keep it running all day so that the room would be cool at night. It was well maintained and clean and had beach chairs and a cooler for our use. The pool was sunny and had many chairs and a table where we share some drinks and snacks with a young couple and their lovely boys. The best part is its closeness to Cruz Bay, although a car is still necessary because of the steep, steep hill. The view is of St. Thomas and the price was the cheapest we ever paid to stay on St. John. I don't think you'd be disappointed, but because each unit is individually owned, all my not be up to the condition of the one we stayed in.

Room Tip: Our room was to the left and below the pool. My daughter went on another occasion and preferred the room above the pool, although it can be a bit noisy if they are lots of kids staying there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mbarney51
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I just have to say this was the best vacation of my life!!
The views from my unit #4 were breathtaking every night...even when a small rain storm
blew through, just amazing. This unit was overlooking Cruz Bay, had no obstructions and was very quiet, being an end unit. Well equiped, possibly needing renovation soon, but clean and well kept. The pool was great, we even were treated to new water, which was delivered promptly after a pool malfunction. St John is the most natural island I have visited as 60 % is a
National Park. Food was great, scenery fantastic, water as clear as I have ever scene.
Will be going back...