“cruz views #5”
Review of Cruz Views Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Cruz Views Condos
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We spent 10 glorious days at Cruz Views #5. The condo accommodated the three of us very well. The staff on arrival were great, gave us a great walk though of the condo and noted if we needed anything else. Everything was function able, had everything we needed, and a great place to stay! I actually had to call the staff and let them know that our coffee pot was not working, within a half hour they were at our door with a new, still in the box coffee maker!
The second bedroom is a loft with a steep ladder leading up to it, which at times (especially after a few rum drinks) was a bit difficult to climb up there. But the room was great and has an ac which made it refreshing to return after a long day at the beach and grab a nap!
This condo provided lots of privacy, a nice pool, and is a very convenient location-just seconds from cruz! We can't wait to return to STJ and will be staying at Cruz Views!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank julie b

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and our two young adult daughters stayed in Cruz Views #1 for a week over the New Year's holiday and it was wonderful. It was remodeled and everything is top-shelf and well-designed. The girls slept in the loft with a view of the harbor right from their beds, we had a private bedroom of our own and we cooked almost all our meals in the gorgeous kitchen. The terrace was great for coffee in the morning and a glass of wine at night, with a view of the town, harbour and St Thomas, complete with hummingbirds and flowers.

We hiked the hill many times, to go to town and to buy groceries. It is very steep, but you don't need to be an athlete as some people here claim. We rented a jeep for three days, which was great for getting to remote parts of the island. Otherwise we used taxis without a problem, and even got a ride from a local in the back of their pickup on New Years Eve!

Yes, there is construction, but it did not ruin anything for us. The condo has wifi, tvs with movies, phone, and an ipod docking station hooked up to a great stero system, and a shelf full of books to share. Lots of relaxing things to do in the evening after a day of sailing, snorkeling, hiking or swimming.

The other thing that impressed us was the hospitality of the property management company and the condo owner. The owner called during the week to see how we were doing and the mgmt co was on call to answer all questions. You knew you were taken care of and listened to.

We would definitely come back to this condo if we come back to St John. The island itself is gorgeous mainly due to the fact that it is a U.S. National Park so lots of green space and public access to everything in the park, including astounding beaches. I was here 30 years ago, and 30 years ago St Thomas looked like St John today. Now St Thomas is smothered with developments and the natural beauty is gone. We should all be proud of our parks and continue to protect this beautiful spot on our planet for our children's children.

Room Tip: Cruz Views #1 is the largest condo so if you have a family this is the best one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Vaughn A
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed in Cruz Views #7 for our anniversary and it was wonderful. We did have a bit of a wait at the ferry dock after we arrived, even with calling twice as instructed, but it wasn't that big of a deal for us. We had been warned about the "hill" up to the condos, but hill doesn't even discribe it! It is about an 80% incline!! The condo was very nice, great view from the balcony and loved the privacy of the balcony as well. There were a few dead bugs around, so I'm thinking the cleaning crew could do a better job on a check-in day, but otherwise the condo was very nice. Exactly what we were looking for for just the two of us. The location of the condos is great because you are in walking distance of Cruz Bay but I warn you, you better be prepared if you are going to walk to town. My husband and I are both younger and in good shape, but the walk back up from town was very, very difficult! And this was without having "indulged in a few rum punches". I highly recommend taking a cab home!! In regards to some of the previous reviews, our condo was not at all outdated, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank KDNov12
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Just got back from Punta Cana and could not help but compare it my experience on St John. We were at Dreams which is an all inclusive resort on the beach in the Dominican Republic. We were there for a wedding..The beach had 4 feet of Seaweed floating in the water and another foot or so on the beach. The staff removed as much as they could but the beach was un usable and the water was grey-brown. I like to see my feet. In St John I count my toes in 6 ft of water--PC maybe 1 inch...The rooms (and I had four) all smelled badly of mildew. I was at Cruz Views 1 in January and there is no comparison. At CV1 the AC works, it did not smell,and had a great view, plus it was all brand new and close to town CruzBay).There really was no town in PC The staff at Dreams was impeccable, and the service almost flawless but the constant party thingy, lack of beach,and cloudy pool took away from it. The pool at Cruz Views was always clean and the evenings are so quiet. I am returning to Cruz Views in January and am so looking forward to it. I feel like St John has spoiled me now and everything else out there is.........well.....compared to St John

Room Tip: CV-1,3,5,10 and maybe 4 have been renovated recently
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank 759Grandpa1
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Cruz Views Villas
We stayed at Cruz Views #3. Cruz Views is managed by Caribbean Villas and they have representatives on the island.
A Caribbean Villa representative who showed us to our villa met us at the ferry dock.
I can't tell you how happy we were with Cruz Views #3. This villa was so perfect for the two of us. It has one bedroom and a loft. It was so clean and bug free. We were amazed that we didn't see one bug in the villa the entire time we were there. We loved the way it was decorated and the bathroom was especially beautiful. We greatly appreciated all the amenities such as the DVD player, TVs both down stairs and in the bedroom, plenty of plush towels, quality sheets on the beds, two types of ice chests, beach chairs, four beach towels, and even swim noodles. We loved having WiFi that worked so well. We also appreciated the supplied paper products and new sealed dish washing sponge and the tote bag with coffee and other treats. We enjoyed quite a bit of time on our balcony which was private and had a fan to keep us cool. It had amazing views of Cruz Bay and St Thomas. We enjoyed watching the car ferries pull in and out of port. It was so nice to relax on our balcony each morning for breakfast and in the evening when we enjoyed the lights of St. Thomas and the stars. One negative was that the mattress needs to be replaced. It was soft in places and broken down.
There is a small shallow pool but we did not use it.
The local agents were wonderful and gave us great service. We needed to call them about a couple minor problems and/or questions and they responded immediately. We had an electrical problem and someone was sent to fix it the same morning.
I was impressed with how quickly Caribbean Villas answered all my e-mail questions before the trip.
Hopefully we will be able to return to Cruz Views soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rugesana
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I crossed Cruz Views off my list a few years ago for various reasons, but I thought I'd give it another try. Choosing Unit #8 was a big mistake. To reach #8 you need to go down more than 22 steep and narrow steps - a complete nightmare for carrying luggage or groceries. The unit itself was dark and depressing with furniture that I would have to describe as tired. No towels were hung in the bathroom, there was no radio alarm clock, the kitchen was equipped to the absolute minimum and I discovered how scant cleaning supplies were went the coffee maker went ballistic ans spewed grounds all over the wall. (Fortunately I was able to borrow another coffee maker from an unoccupied unit. Sunny, the caretaker was and always has been exceptionally nice.) The phone was out of order during my entire stay and the view was awful. It looks out at a huge condominium complex where work has stopped and the place remains unfinished. It's not a pretty sight. All porch areas were screened in (one functioned as the dining room) and there was no access to sun, so plan to carry your towels, books, sunscreen, lunch and drinks up those 22 steps to the pool area. I was so pleased to leave unit #8 and enjoy the rest of my St. John visit elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't rent a unit on the bottom level of Cruz Views. Rent a car - the hill to CV is VERY steep!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank MockoJumbie
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Very comfortable accomodations with incredible views!! This was a romantic getaway on a beautiful island with coral beaches and warm waters. Cruz Views 9 was perfect for our trip to this special place. We highly recommend Cruz Views #9!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple