“Dinner March 2013”

Ranked #28 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local neighborhood sports bar and restaurant that offers fresh burgers, ribs, fish wings and fries. Daily specials ..Live music and dance nights..Call for more info
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a good dinner - service was fast. We have 2 kids (4 and 6 yrs old) and it was fine for them - they had hotdogs.

There are newer reviews for Driftwood David's

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Again glad I read the trip reviews to find David's! Great view of the bay. Nice small area for dining. Food was fantastic. I had some local fish called corvina. It was very good. Very lightly coated with breasig and pan seared. My daughter had the ribs and they just fell off the bone. They were wonderful and my husband had their sirloin. Cooked just how he likes it. Everyone was so attentive to our needs and David came out personally a few times to make sure everything was cooked how we liked it. Thanks David!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

There's a new kid on the block for Ribs. Watch out Uncle Joe and Candi. Had the pleasure of eating at Driftwood Davids. 6 people and every meal was awesome. The ribs where so tender and fall off the bone. Great meal will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

i wound up wandering into driftwood david's unexpectedly, but not entirely by accident. (i'll save you the details, but just know that whatever reason leads you there, your time and money certainly won't be wasted.)

i strolled in to the restaurant just in time for the last part of happy hour, probably looking very lost. i was welcomed in by the personable staff, and told to sit anywhere i liked. i chose a spot in the breezier balcony-type area.

i'm not generally a drinker, and aaron cheerfully brought me a cherry coke and both the regular and "happy hour" menus. since i was there not just to eat, but also needed a place where i could sit down and get caught up on my postcard-scribbling, i was very appreciative of his no-pressure approach.

after a while, i inquired as to whether the "dangerous dog" (a hot dog wrapped in bacon and covered in cheese, chili, cole slaw, onions, mustard and ketchup) was something to be admired....or feared. due to happy hour, it was very reasonably priced ($6 a la carte), so i figured i'd give it a shot. boy, am i glad i did! i'm attaching a photo of this masterpiece, so you can see it for yourself. (i am also very pleased to report that one can consume this creation and not have to worry about offending one's seatmate(s) when flying home the next day. to be honest, i was a little apprehensive about that part, given the combination of toppings.)

there are many other tempting options offered up at driftwood david's- the crab spring rolls come to mind- but sadly, i wasn't really hungry enough that i thought i could do them justice, so i called it quits after my hot dog and went back to my correspondence. (again, aaron's "no-pressure" approach was greatly appreciated.) dessert was offered, but i forgot to write down the exact details. i know one option sounded like a small key lime pie, and the other involved chocolate (don't most great desserts?), but again, i didn't feel i would be able to finish them, so i resisted temptation. clearly, i'm going to need to go back with an emptier stomach next time.

1  Thank duffpaules
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here based on reviews I had read on Tripadvisor and I am so happy that we did! We have been to rib competitions and I can honestly say that these were the best ribs we've ever had! The meat literally came right off of the bone. The people that work there are very nice and I thought I had lost a special ring and our waiter (I'm sorry but I forget his name) didn't waste any time to throw on some gloves and go through their trash. When he didn't find it they took my name and number and said to let them know if I found it. Luckily I did and they seemed genuinely happy that I found it. I highly recommend this place!! I can't wait until the next time we go to St. John, this will be on my must do list!!