“First Class Boat with a First Class Captain!”

Copeland Boat Charters
Ranked #8 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Most Affordable Charters on St John! Two Boats with Several Options! 26 ft World Cat or 21ft Zodiac. Up for an adventure? Try our new 21ft Zodiac; it's fast & fun and great for affordable Half Day Charters or our Jost only trip. Charter our 26ft Worldcat and go Island hopping, Snorkeling or to a remote beach to just relax in the warm waters of the Caribbean. Why not spend your vacation exploring the US and British Virgin Islands on a private captained boat charter. We enjoy having kids on board and have added children's snorkel gear to our fine selection of equipment. Bring the kids with you and we'll provide some beach toys for them to play with.
Bay City, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“First Class Boat with a First Class Captain!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Myself and 5 friends were lucky enough to be able to spend the day on the "Beer Cooler" with Captain Kevin on Tuesday, July 23rd. We were lucky enough to be able to get a charter on such short notice. Copeland Charters came highly recommended from Captain John at Palm Tree Charters. My friends and I were supposed to be chartered by Captain John on July 18th, but unfortunately it was a stormy day and he had to cancel our trip. He did not have any openings for the rest of our time there and he told us to call Captain Kevin. We were so fortunate that he happened to have an opening for our last day on St. John. What a glorious last day it was! Kevin promptly picked us up from the dock at 9:00 and we were off for a day of fun in the sun. We first stopped at The Indians for some amazing snorkeling. The water was a little rough, but the sights were pretty amazing. I think even Captain Kevin was amazed by the sights as one of my friends tried to get in the boat and had a bathing suit malfunction! He was a true professional and a gentleman even though the rest of us were laughing ourselves silly about it. We then moved on to the Caves for some more underwater sightseeing. After that stop we moved on to the Pirate's Bight for lunch and drinks. We all enjoyed ourselves and thought our sandwiches were very good. Next stop was the Willy T. This was on my personal bucket list to jump off the top deck. I was so excited to be there but totally chickened out and could NOT jump off the top deck. What a wimp!! Anyway, my friend and I jumped off the lower deck and then swam around for a bit. We then moved on to Sandy Spit for some awesome photo ops with the Corona Tree. The last stop that we made was to the Soggy Dollar to grab a quick Painkiller. By then we were out of time and head to head back to Cruz Bay to make it through the customs office before 5:00 p.m. I can not say enough nice things about the trip. It was a beautiful day and it was nice that Captain Kevin let us be the masters of our destination that day. He was a fun addition to our group of six ladies. We left the boat feeling like we had made a new friend. I would not hesitate the spend the day aboard the Beer Cooler again and would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing charter service and a super fun and great captain. :)

Elk River, Minnesota
“Fabulous Day for Two RN's from Minneapolis!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our first trip to St John was incredible and only made better by our charter out on the Beer Cooler! Captain Kevin is great and knows all the great spots to hit in the islands. Our trip to the BVI was flawless and he even found a great "parking spot" in front of the Soggy Dollar! Our lunch at Foxy's Taboo was the best with a view 2nd to none! I would recommend Captain Kevin and Captain Robin and Copeland Boat Charters to all who vacation on St John! Thanks Kevin and Robin! We can't wait to return! P.S. thanks Kevin for the rec's on the parasailing at the Westin! Chris and Cindy

Visited May 2013
Hanover, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Day in the BVI on the Beer Cooler”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a fantastic day out with Kevin on the Beer Cooler cruising to The Indians, The Caves, Pirate's Bight and the Soggy Dollar Bar. Kevin and Robin made our trip through BVI customs seamless. We didn't even need to get off the boat! We were quickly off and snorkeling at The Indians and The Caves. Lots of fish to see and plenty of vibrant coral. Kevin recommended Pirate's Bight for lunch. Great choice! After lunch it was off to the Soggy Dollar Bar where my wife and I had the obligatory Painkiller (or was it two). Our daughter and her friend had a blast sitting up front on the Beer Cooler as we cruised through the Sir Francis Drake Channel and back to St. John. Kevin is a very knowledgeable and friendly host and will practically do any intierary you choose. The only disappointment was that the day had to end. I hightly recommend spending a day out with Kevin on the Beer Cooler.

1 Thank Steve M
New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Day Cruising on Beer Cooler”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a day in early July with Kevin cruising around BVI. Beautiful sunny day, gorgeous scenery, friendly captain. We knew we were in for a fun day. We had one snorkel stop at Leicester Bay in St. John and then it was on to customs. Our next stop was as The Indians for some amazing snorkeling and then it was on the Caves, which was another fantastic snorkel stop. It is so hard to know when to get out of the water. We never felt rushed... after our stop at the Caves, it was on to Norman Island/Pirates Bight for a delicious lunch and pirates punch. :) I would have been happy to spend the rest of the day at Pirates Bight, but since this was our first trip to St. John and BVI, I felt it was absolutely necessary to visit Soggy Dollar Bar on JVD. So Kevin fired up the boat and off we went. So much fun. Painkillers at Soggy Dollar did not disappoint.

As always, when having a great time the day ends too soon. We had a fantastic day! I would definitely recommend a private charter with Kevin. We hope to return to St. John soon and spend another fun day on Beer Cooler.

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Passport expired-Still had a great trip!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We originally had this boat booked for a trip over to Soggy Dollar Bar until we realized one of group members passport had expired. We called Kevin and Robin who immediately switched gears for us and lined up a snorkel spot adventure tour around the island of St John. As much as we like taking a private boat charter over to Soggy Dollar, I think this was actually a better use of this charter service. We were able to see St John and a lot of the villas from a different perspective, along with snorkeling in places we had never been to on previous trips.

Kevin was a gracious host and knowledgeable captain. The World Cat rode excellent in the rough seas (4-5 footers in the morning) we encountered. If any of you have ridden on a cat, you know what I’m talking about. The way the hull is shaped, waves aren’t constantly pounding the occupants in rough seas.

Ran into Kevin the next day over on Jost and he directed me to a place to buy a Cuban cigar which was a nice little bonus!

I highly recommend this charter service and would not hesitate to use them the next time we head back down there to "drive a little while on the wrong side of the road".

Visited June 2013