“Fun ambiance but tiny portions of food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lime Inn

The Lime Inn
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Lime Inn restaurant is located in downtown Cruz Bay and has been a favorite between locals and visitors alike since 1984. Still owned and operated by owners Rich and Chris Meyer, your St. John experience is not complete without a visit to our open-air restaurant and a taste of our extensive menu. We are known for our wonderful staff and delicious and consistent meals. Join us for fresh grilled Caribbean Lobster or our whole jerk seasoned and pan seared snapper! You can also eat light with our selection of salads or our famous clam chowder. But don't forget, you can't finish up lunch or dinner without famous Key Lime pie. We are open for Lunch Monday thru Friday from 11:30 to 3, happy hour from Monday thru Saturday at our courtyard bar from 3-6 (1/2 priced drinks), and dinner Monday thru Friday from 5:30 to 10.
Cruz Bay, St. John
“Fun ambiance but tiny portions of food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed the ambiance, the décor was fun and colorful. The service was good, but hurried. The food was tasty, but the portion size was tiny. I mean tiny. My husbands side of potatoes consisted of roughly 2 ounces, perhaps 3. ...with seven little cut up pieces of beans as the veg. We left still hungry and we are not big eaters. Value for money was poor.
When I shared this the following day with the guy at the bar (smallest portions of any restaurant I have ever been to),...he surprised me with a free smoothie; an act of kindness that made this review go from a two star to a three.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ann B
chelseaantoinette, Manager at The Lime Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We try not to make our portions huge, but absolutely not small (especially so small that you leave hungry). This is an issue we will definitely be addressing to create consistency. I'm glad you got to experience our wonderful staff in the process.

Albany, New York
“Disliked this Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Food was average at best. We sat on deck chairs that we had to pull in every time someone walked by. The restaurant is incredibly noisy to the point that it is quite unpleasant. Our server was new and was not up to speed. I really do not have many positives to say about this restaurant. Why this gets so many favorable reviews on Trip Advisor is beyond me!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa M
Sorry you had a bad experience. The noise is something that comes with being a busy restaurant, and though we can't change that, we have provided wonderful experiences to thousands of patrons and I hope you'll come back and see why.
Billerica, Massachusetts
“fantastic experience and fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to Trunk Bay for the day (stayed in St. Thomas) .Someone on our cab ride recommended Lime Inn. We got there around 4 pm - jus tin time for Happy Hour!!!We started with the bacon wrapped scallops they we good although I like my bacon cooked crispier. We decided to split their blackened snapper ( I wasn't sure I would like It) It was sooo delicious we ordered another one. My husband was looking for a " local carribean " food . He found it . The owner was also relaxing at the bar and we were so surprised when he sent over a round of drinks for us. We also were very happy so be served by Tyler. His pleasant demeanor makes you feel very happy to be there, We also enjoyed some local patron company. if I lived there I would be a regular.

1 Thank donna93078
We are lucky to have Tyler, thanks for the great review!
Warren, Vermont
“Fine dining in Cruz Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent drinks, superior food (extensive menu), good (but limited) wine list.
Try the grilled lobster—best in Cruz Bay. All seafood is so, so fresh and delicious.
Lime Inn is a lively outdoor courtyard restaurant to which you want to return again and again. Desserts are awesome—best key lime pie around.
It’s a bit pricey, but typical of Cruz Bay restaurants. Good value for money.
The staff are very friendly and accommodating. They took very good care of our children tailoring their dinner to their quirky likes and dislikes.
During peak holiday periods, expect that Lime Inn will be fully booked, so call ahead well in advance. Parking always is frustrating in Cruz Bay. When booking, ask for suggestions.
Check out the Lime Inn website: complete and accurate.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ChaseXeen
Rockville, MD
“Ate at the bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at "Nancys-Condos" on St Thomas and took a day trip to St John. I had been reading about Lime Inn on Trip Advisor for the several months leading up to our vacation so made a point to grab a meal here. It was 3pm and the main dining area was closed for evening preparations ... It was all you can eat Shrimp night. Lucky for us, the bar was open and serving a small version of the menu. So we took our seats around the bar. There were several people already eating here. I asked the gentleman sitting next to us what he recommended. As it turns out, he was a local who frequents Lime Inn. His recommendation .. the Lobster Sandwich. Then another local sitting nearby smiled and piped in ... the Lobster Sandwich. Ok ... Several of us ordered the Lobster Sandwich. WOW! Delicious! We got talking to Tyler, the bartender who served us. I told him I had read about Lime Inn on Trip Advisor and told him I was going to write up my experience. He smiled and rolled his eyes and said "Do me a favor and DON'T write about our homemade sodas!" Apparently a previous Trip Advisor reviewer incorrectly stated that Lime Inn makes their own sodas ... They DON'T! But boy do they make an awesome Lobster Sandwich! Thanks for the great service Tyler ... We will be back!

2 Thank bcndllc