“My favorite!”

Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Lime Inn restaurant is located in downtown Cruz Bay and has been a favorite between locals and visitors alike since 1984. Still owned and operated by the Meyer family (now daughter, Chelsea, and son in law, Richard) your St. John experience is not complete without a visit to our open-air, friendly, restaurant. We are known for our wonderful staff and delicious and consistent meals. Join us for our all day Happy Hour 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM, where our signature cocktails are $4 and Presidente Beers are $2. Fresh Grilled Caribbean Lobster is served daily along with our famous whole snapper, rum ribs, and house made pasta, just to name a few. You can also eat light with our appetizer selection, fresh salads, and slow cooked soups. No one can leave, either, without a taste of our famous Key Lime pie. We are open for Lunch Monday thru Saturday from 11:30 to 5, happy hour Monday thru Saturday 11:30 am-5:30 and Dinner Monday thru Saturday from 5:30 to 9:30. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This review is long overdue! I lived on St. John for a few months and in my humble opinion Tyler makes the best frozen fruity drinks on the island (alcoholic or not)! This quickly became one of my favorite places to go sit and hang out at the bar to just read and unwind after a long day so on my last night before moving off island I decided I would have one last meal at Lime Inn and it was one of the best meals I had on the island the entire time I was there... but the thing is it wasn't just the it was amazingly delicious... I am severely allergic to onions and usually that ends up giving me only a few options on a menu I can eat but I had asked the bartender (one I'd surprisingly not met before) about a certain pasta dish that sounded amazing expecting him to come back telling me I couldn't have it but instead he came back saying it had onions BUT they would make me something with the same main ingredients that I could eat... they went out of their way, on a busy night to make me something special!!! Most restaurants I have ever been to have just said "no, it has onions, pick something else," but not Lime Inn! They made me something special!! It was so amazing to me and when I asked the bartender to give the chef a special thanks to me he seemed to shrug it off like it was no big deal and they do it all the time... That is just so amazing!!!

1  Thank Jackie K
chelseaantoinette, Manager at The Lime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hopefully you'll head back to St. John soon then to see us. Thanks for the sparkling review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

while I most often sit at the bar and chat with Tyler the bartender sipping beer this time i had dinner. head on fish dinner <which was amazing>. Interestingly i had some pretentious guy next to me who ordered the same thing who when it was delivered said something like "hey, this fish still has the head .. that's disgusting ... i am not supposed to eat it am i?" Tyler patiently stated "well, that is why it is called 'head on fish' on the menu." worth a laugh. and worth ordering. their food is great. the outside covered bar area is everything you expect, and want, in an island vacation experience. don't miss it of you go to St. John.

1  Thank bruce m

Not often to do we get the shocked "but it has the head on..." but it does happen. Snapper is one of the most popular and delicious dishes we have on the menu, so thanks for taking the time to mention it here and thanks for coming back!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place is REALLY cute, has a laid back romantic environment and friendly staff that makes you feel like family. The food was good, but small portions for the price.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good to be back. As always this place has the best staff and food selection in Cruz Bay. The daily specials are fresh and often right off the dock. Our family always rates it as the best meal during our vacation.

1  Thank drjamesz
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is one of the nicer spots in St. John for a special occasion or just a nice dinner, but like most places, it's still as casual as you want it to be. My husband enjoyed his margarita, and I absolutely loved my Banana Cabana frozen drink. It's almost more of a dessert, but you're on vacation so go ahead and order one before dinner! Our steaks, stuffed with crab and bleu cheese, were just a little bit more done than we ordered, but they were still really good. We are glad we gave The Lime Inn a try!