“Best Value on the island.”
Review of Sam & Jack's Deli

Sam & Jack's Deli
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This deli serves wonderful sandwiches that are large enough for two (unless you are starved). This was the only place on the island we ate at twice because the food was so good and the prices were (for STJ) reasonable. The tiramisu was excellent. The only "miss" were the homemade chips which were very overdone. Although we didn't try it, the deli also offered take out meals that sounded delicious.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We wish we would have known to share these humongous sandwiches. We spent a small fortune eating lunch here. Though the potato salad was recommended to m by the woman at the counter, it lacked flavor. I would not get this again. The homemade potato chips were completely burned. All of the chips in the basket looked this way (dark brown), so we thought that is what they were supposed to look like. They were very brown because they were overlooked. We threw a mostly full-bag away. The cookies were decent enough. Note, there is no kids' menu. I think any place like this should have a small kids menu with small $5 sandwiches.

All in all, we would probably go back & only order 2 sandwiches to share. We would pass on everything else.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I grabbed a quick lunch here and it was great!! I got the meatball sub which was fantastic! Menu has a full variety of options and we both loved our meals and it was nice to leave the beach for an air conditioned lunch!

2  Thank SaraMichelle403045
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This place has a wondeful, wine country feel to it. Lots of fresh food to choose from whether it's the pre-made sandwiches and meals or the ingredients to make your own. I give this place my business every chance I get. So unique to this island, I hope they stick around!

1  Thank az93
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went here for lunch, and it was so amazing that we had to go back for dinner too!! Highly recommended. GreAt selections that are handcrafted. Wish it was by my house!