“Fabulous deli - just have to know where to find it!”
Review of Sam & Jack's Deli

Sam & Jack's Deli
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Orange County, CA
“Fabulous deli - just have to know where to find it!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Thank goodness for Trip Advisor as we otherwise wouldn't have known about this place! We had visited the Starfish Market several times during our week stay this March, but there is no signage outside of the building to indicate that this deli exists! Once you get inside the building, there is a small sign indicating what's upstairs. We only tracked it down after our Villa manager mentioned it and I looked it up on TA. It's even better than we expected. The sandwich choices are really varied and creative, service was quick and our sandwiches were fresh and quite good. As another reviewer mentioned, the sandwiches are big enough to share. Definitely worth checking out, especially if you want a lower cost option to some of the pricier restaurant fare on the island. Would be perfect to take along for a beach day or hike.

4 Thank embie

United States
“YUMMY!!! perfect for a beach picnic!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Most Sandwiches are about $12 and are big enough to split. I asked them to wrap each half individually, which was nice when passing out at the beach. Super yummy breads. I would advise you call your order in, in advance. It took about 20 minutes for my order. They sell blueberry muffins for $1 each. Cinnamon Rolls are pretty pricy, though…depends on the size of them, but about $3-$5 and they aren't that big.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Monica D
Millsboro, Delaware
“Adding to the Praise”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I read a number of reviews of Sam & Jack's Deli that begged a visit when my wife and I went to St. John in March. It was as described and better. The sandwiches, my wife and I had four different offerings during our stay, were large and delicious with a fine mix of quality meats and condiments. "Aunt Dute's Eggplant, described by some as lasagna, is a luscious stack of breaded eggplant layered with cheese and topped with a very tasty tomato sauce. Not to be missed if a rich plate is what you are looking for. One of the owners mentioned that the visitor population is primarily from New England, North Carolina and Colorado, which explained why they had a marvelous barbecued pulled pork sandwich that was the best I had enjoyed since visiting "12 Bones Smokehouse" on Riverside Drive in Asheville. Great food, really nice people and prices that make you enjoy the meal even more.

2 Thank 19Traveler48
“Great Sandwich”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Based on a friend's recommendation we picked up a sandwich to take with us to the beach.
It. was. delicious!

I believe the name of the sandwich was a Hammy Sammy, which was a very generous portion of ham, with Gouda cheese, crispy friend onions (think French's like you use in the green bean casserole, but homemade) and some tasty dressing. After an hour of hiking and two hours of snorkeling we devoured the sandwich! It was big enough for two adults to split. We were so impressed with the taste and quality.

We will without a doubt return here. I only wish I had known about all they had to offer the day we arrived...we could have picked up one of their ready made meals instead of having ramen noodles!!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank A16ross
Meriden, New Hampshire
“Real Food”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This deli is great! . We stopped either on way to beach or homeward bound. Sandwich selection is interesting and each sandwich feeds two. The only complaint I had in sandwich selection not enough vegetarian choices . Chips are made daily, and the hummus was excellent. Although available, I didn't try the grab and go dinners , but they looked good, too hot to turn oven on! Worth the trip!

1 Thank alynn5050