“Excellent sandwiches, very tasty and huge portions”
Review of Sam & Jack's Deli

Sam & Jack's Deli
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is the place to go for lunch, especially if you are heading to the beach. They have such creative sandwiches, quality ingredients, and one sandwich can feed two. The people there are so nice and accommodating. We went here several times and the only place better than this for lunch would be Caneel Bay which was our "special" lunch out for my husband's Birthday.
Also great for dinner, which we did a few nights, stopped by late afternoon picked up sandwiches for dinner. Great salads, desserts AND a plus is they sell wine (some cold which is awesome) - great one stop shop!!

1  Thank Jackie S

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great selection of sandwiches, limited beers. Interesting dinners and salads. Picked up both lunch & dinner to go. Sandwiches easily shared or can make 2 meals. Prices are fair for the island. Their made-in-house potato chips are killer bee.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ask anyone on the island where to go for a sandwich, and this is invariably where you are directed. Our B&B host knowing the owners of the deli helped persuade us, but we were not disappointed. I got the Jackson and my wife got the Sammy Hammy (seemed to weigh about 2 lbs!) the night before for a charter trip, and they kept and traveled well. They were so big that we had lunch for the ferry back to St. Thomas the following day. I'm not accustomed to paying $12 for a sandwich here in suburban Chicago, but it was worth every penny!

1  Thank Jake Z
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Under new management and doing ok. My opinion is that the lack of paying attention to detail like the other ownership did, can be their down fall. Everything was good but just lacked the quality that I was use to from that location. They should do ok but pay attention to details. The chicken was burnt in my chicken pram sand which and in the Johnny Pants the roast beef could be sliced thinner. They were both good but that is the detail I am talking about. Very friendly people and great location. Hope they stay successful.

1  Thank coachpapa2020
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I shared a sandwich at Sam & Jack's on two different occasions during our trip. They were both excellent! We had a spicy, sausage sandwich one day and a shrimp sandwich the other. Their to-go meals looked excellent as well.