“Good value in St John”

Barefoot Cowboy
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria, the building was severely damaged. As of January 2018 there is no sign the Landlord of the Lumberyard is going to rebuild in the short term. Therefore, for now, there is no more Barefoot Cowboy. Should our situation change we will update our information. Thank you to everyone that visited us and took the time to write a review. Barefoot Cowboy in Cruz Bay on the beautiful island of St. John in the USVI serves fresh cooked Texas BBQ. Smoked brisket is our specialty. We also offer ribs, chicken and pulled pork. Our sauces are made in house and all our sides are made from scratch. We are open from everyday from noon until we sell out !
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband thought it was a good value I thought it was only ok. The smoked pork pretty much tasted like smoke, the pulled pork was tasty and the chicken was only ok but the prices were good. We went at happy hour each had two drinks and dinner $39 total. I would probably go back for lunch but not dinner.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our second visit to the Barefoot Cowboy. Wayne has the best brisket and pork around. Great flavor, tender meat and you get a healthy serving. Texas has invaded St. John. Don't miss this place

Reviewed June 7, 2013

a little bit of right on down home what you absolutely love about the States... but all overlooking the ocean on St. John island. Are you kidding me?? Lol. Had two boys with me, 16 & 13 and they played pool, shot darts, while we enjoyed the country music. Absolutely loved it. The ONLY HORRIBLE thing is we eventually had to leave. -( highly recommend!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I visted for Happy Hour/Dinner after walking past a good number of times. You need to walk around the back of the building to find the entrance. The view of the street below is great especially around Sunset. The beer is cold and cheap $2 during HH 4 - 7, I believe there are only 2 establishments in Cruz Bay that have HH till 7, the other is HIgh Tide. We had the Cowboy combo $13 which is 2 meats and 2 sides and a piece of white bread, a pretty good value in St John. If they would substitute the white bread for corn bread it would have been a home run. They also seem to have live music frequently.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great view of the harbor, and good food! Bring cash as they do not take plastic. Wish I had time to go again.