“Awesome for brunch!”

Fatty Crab
Cuisines: Barbecue, Malaysian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving Funky Southeast Asian Inspired Cuisine!We serve our food in an unconventional manner, where there are no appetizers or entrees. The food comes out of the kitchen as it is prepared by the Chef. Therefore, we recommend ordering several dishes off of the menu and encourage sharing. Our cuisine is made up of locally sourced ingredients when available. Our flavor profiles are comprised of spice, sweet, sour, salty, and savory. Our cocktails are just as flavorful and as interesting as our cuisine. All of our wines were sourced from Michael Skurnik Wines and were hand-picked by Michael himself. The wines were selected to complement the wide variety of flavors in our cuisine and they were shipped in temperature controlled containers to ensure the integrity of the wines.We believe this style of dining creates an intimate, comfortable, and fun atmosphere. We serve sophisticated dishes in an unpretentious manner.If you are a diner looking for a traditional dining experience, there are lots of other great restaurants on island, come in for a drink and we'll recommend a few.Live well and be happy!
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went for brunch during our first trip to St. John...never had bacon that good anywhere else!! Amazing food, great atmosphere, fabulous service. Arlan was the best waiter we've had on the island. Going back for dinner tonight and can't wait! Don't miss out on this experience when you visit St. John!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fatty crab is delicious with a flare. I started my meal with a locally recocmedned recession shot. Included is a whiskey shot, pickle back juice and a schaerfer beer- amazing. The staff is not only knowledgeable but also very passionate about the items listed on the menu. As a group, we started off with various recommended dishes. The local Mahi fish fry sliders were by far my favorite, also on that list, watermelon pork belly, and the brussels and bacon. I cant wait to go back to Fatty Crab! The atmosphere was welcoming and encompassed the vibe of St. John. A must on St. John!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I ate at Fatty Crab last week and the food was just amazing. We did a few small plates - great green mango papaya salad was great with a slight kick, the Mahi-mahi sliders were outstanding, and the pork BBQ sliders and vegetable tempura were wonderful as well. The drinks are really different and unique from what you find at some of the other restaurants on the island - a nice change of pace and really good to boot. What was one of the best features of the restaurant was our waitress. She was very helpful and knowledge about the menu and the only server on our entire trip to ask us first about allergies - yes, I have a shellfish allergy. She pointed out hidden shellfish components on the menu which was greatly appreciated! Also, every time a server dropped food off, the explained a little about the item - very nice!

1  Thank Fenways_Parents
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Starting with Island Tings which were awesome with pickled pineapple garnishes, my husband and I ordered 3 smaller plates and 1 larger plate to share. The fish sliders made with fresh mahi mahi were terrific. We also loved the vegetable tempura. I could have skipped the crab and conch fritters as they were a bit too chewy, but our large plate of beef brisket with two fabulous sauces was amazing! All of the flavor sensations were so tantalizing. We ended the meal with the most extraordinary coconut pannacotta ever! I would eat that every day if I could! The wait staff couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. A wonderful experience all around!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We avoided the pricey restaurant scene on St John altogether and really enjoyed the inventive food choices and service at the Fatty Crab. A few locals may dis it because it is NYC owned but we loved it... Actually went twice for drinks and small plates...