All reviews welcome basket thought of everything beach chairs jeep rental large screen tv high end appliances top of the line thomas airport the kitchen st john place to stay every amenity stone walls an easy minute walk in great shape restaurant recommendations great property
Reviewed March 19, 2018

After seeing all of the online photos and videos of St. John after the storms last year we were a little worried about returning so soon to one of our favorite places on earth. We talked to Delrise and Delbert about the recovery efforts on the island and decided give it a go. So glad we did. The Allure property is in great shape with the exception of the vegetation above the sea wall. It was destroyed last year but now you are left with an amazing view of the bay that had been obscured. We spend hours watching the waves and the resident family of pelicans diving like rockets into the beautiful water.
The property looks great and Delbert has added a built in kitchen that includes an amazing grill and icemaker that makes cubes in the shape of small shot glasses. The large screen TV on the BBQ patio was a casualty of the storms but a new one is on the way. The pool is still wonderful and has that infinity feel with new open view of the ocean. The units came through the storms in great shape and are as beautiful as our last visit.
We were able to take an extended jeep tour of the island with Jenn who writes The News of St. John blog and saw no better place to stay than at Allure. Most of the shops and restaurants are coming back on line in Cruz Bay and the Star Fish Market is well stocked for all of you needs. All of this being within walking distance from Allure, suited our needs perfectly.
The island community is working hard to bring St. John back and we were glad to be able to support their efforts with our visit. Thanks again to Delrise and Delbert. We will be back soon !!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
7  Thank Cozy2007
Delrise V, Owner at Sea Shore Allure, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

It was a difficult and worrying experience to go through, but we love Sea Shore Allure and St. John, so it was our pleasure to make sure that we got back into shape for our guests. Thanks for all your kind words on our work and improvements. It's wonderful that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed your jeep tour! Indeed, our island community is a strong one, and we appreciate your support and kind words. You're so welcome, and we'll look forward to welcoming you back for next time.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I came to St John on my own because I wanted to snorkel before I was really too old (I am 82). I am so glad that I chose Sea Shore Allure. This is a top notch condo - high class construction, very tasteful décor, immaculate, quiet, full kitchen with everything one would need, easy walking distance to the shops in Cruz Bay. Dilbert and Delrise put me in the hands of Audrey who was awesome. She helped me with all my needs - private taxi from St. Thomas airport to ferry (Cathy from Chris taxi company was my driver and a delightful woman), taxis on St. John (Chico and his wife were lovely), tour of the island with Chico's wife, boat trips, provisioning, restaurant recommendations (Extra Virgin Bistro a great restaurant). Sitting on my deck in the evening with my drink watching the sun go down was a relaxing treat. St John is struggling from the hurricanes - damage to the vegetation, homes and businesses, and underwater - but everyone showed a resilient spirit and high morale, much to their credit. The perfect place to stay! My thanks to all who helped me out - and I did get to snorkel! So I can cross that off my bucket list!

Room Tip: All rooms have views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank janeh621
Delrise V, Owner at Sea Shore Allure, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Wow, this review really made our day! Jane it was our pleasure to make sure that your trip was smooth, enjoyable, and everything you had hoped. We'll make sure to pass along your kind words to Audrey (we agree, she's just great!). Everyone should get to snorkel at least once in their life, and we're thrilled that you got to cross it off your bucket list here in beautiful St. John. We're proud that you'll always have those great memories here and we hope you bring the entire family next time!!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was completely paradise. Everything was as we wanted for our honeymoon. And Dilbert was great in handling all our services such as our boat ride and tour of the British Virgin Islands and our massages and dinner at Morgan Mango's.

Seashore Allure was very clean and has a modern feel. There are only a few units in this place. Our room was as big as an apartment for 1 person. It had a full kitchen, living, and dining area. The bathrooms are very nice and clean and includes a bidet as well. The windows all look out to the ocean and pool. Gorgeous view. The pool has a grilled that can be used as well.

St. John has a very local feel. You won't see any local restaurants or a starbucks. Every place we ate at was a locally owned place. We rented a jeep (which I highly recommend) and visited all the surrounding beaches in the area. They were just a drive away and the roads are easy to drive. We have been to a lot of beaches but St. John definitely has some of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. Crystal clear water. And the seafood is just amazing and very fresh.

If you are looking for more of a party atmosphere, this might not be the place for you. The feel was very relaxing and low key. Just prepare to be completely relaxed and enjoy all the beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachNguyeners
Management response:Responded August 29, 2017

We love being a honeymoon destination for newlyweds, so we're thrilled to read that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. It's great that you both enjoyed the boat tour, massages, dinner, and the rest of your honeymoon in St. John -- we agree that St. John has beautiful beaches and is generally a lovely place to be. We'll be here if you all decide to visit St. John again. Thanks for the review -- we really enjoyed reading it.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

My husband and I have stayed in a number of locations on St. John and this is by far our favorite for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, the location is superb. It's close enough to town to walk but, if you decide to drive, it's an easy drive from Cruz Bay. Delrise and Delbert were a pleasure and very informative and helpful. The villa is very well-appointed with everything you'd need. They also provide individual coolers and beach chairs for each villa, and there is a community "pot" for floats, noodles and other miscellaneous beach toys. I highly recommend the Sea Shore Allure. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 15, 2017

Tara, we're thrilled to be your favorite place in St. John! We can't wait to have you back again sometime. Thank you for the kind words!

All the best,

Reviewed August 7, 2017

I was SO IMPRESSED with Sea Shore Allure. We rented the 3br Penthouse. It was immaculate...so much attention to detail and so very well maintained. The grounds were well manicured. Everything you could need is supplied. They thought of everything. We will definitely be back! Room is better than pictures. (This was our 6th trip to St John and we have always rented a villa in the past)

Stayed: August 2017
Management response:Responded August 9, 2017

We're thrilled your stay was so amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share this about your visit. We'll do our best to make sure your next is trip just as great.

Until next time,