“Great Value, Great Owners”

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cruz Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at CBBH for our honeymoon in early September. I have to admit, our first impression was not a good one! Shortly after arriving to the penthouse suite, we were surprised to find several honeybees also wanted to chill in our room with us. If I wasn't allergic to them I probably wouldn't have had such a troubling experience. But, what I can say, is that David & Denise went above and beyond to resolve the bee issue. They answered my frantic call in the middle of the night (after not only meeting us at the ferry but helping tote luggage), set us up with another room, and offer us the discounted rate of the room we stayed in for the two days while the bees were erradicated. Their customer service skills are excellent and we very much appreciated the work they did to get us back into our original room. What I will advise to guests though, is if you're going during the warmest season (i.e. summer) I would invest in one of the smaller rooms (we stayed in 6) as the air conditioners keep up much better. Although small, the other rooms are much easier to cool, have a television in the bedroom, and have all the necessary items needed during your stay...which won't be much we found, since a vast majority of time is spent elsewhere! Our large suite was somewhat hard to cool compared to the smaller rooms, and we were definately not used to the heat and humidity! Housekeeping did a wonderful job. Our rooms were always very clean! Our smaller inital room even smelled wonderful, although in the penthouse the lasting smell of the exterminator loomed throughout our stay, but when compared to bees, I'll take it! Overall I would recommend this hotel to those looking to travel within a budget while still receiving outstanding service!

Room Tip: Save your money and go with a smaller, just as accommodating, and cooler room to spend your down hou...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding/honeymoon. The owners are great, helpful people and very helpful if you have any questions about the island. It is located right in the downtown area so everything is an easy walk. The rooms were cleaned every day and everything was clean when we got there.

I would recommend to anyone staying on the island. The room we stayed in was small, but this was understood before we booked the trip (they have larger rooms available). We assumed that we would spend most of our time outside and only be sleeping in the room so we did not splurge for the larger one. This was true and I'm glad we made the choice and it gave us extra money to spend on the island.

We had a great experience staying here and I would recommend to anyone coming to the island.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A group of 4 headed to St. John for a cruise on a trimaran. With Hurricane Issac looming around, our plans got completely changed and the boat was canceled. We were stuck in paradise! No place to stay and phones that were not free to call locally.
We did some research and Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel was recommended by the locals and trip advisor so we phoned Denise...she was amazing with her info and spent a lot of time helping us on the phone prior to meeting us. We arrived and were offered the suite upstairs to accommodate the 4 of us. It turned out to be perfect. Our vacation was salvaged and we ended up having a blast, made friends with the owners and spent some quality time with other guests for coffee and happy hour on the veranda upstairs. Each time our plans would get re-arranged, the owners would suggest alternatives that turned out to be great. We can't thank them enough, we ended up staying 6 nights and it was in the heart of town, we could walk everywhere, the wifi was very helpful for rearranging things. This is an amazing place to stay. I would highly recommend it.
All the rooms are super clean and the service and hospitality were top notch. Thank you so much and see you soon!
Glenda, Keri, Mark and John
PS. Don't forget to try the local honey...

Room Tip: Go for the suite...very comfortable and not too pricey! Beach chairs and coolers available..just as...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

second 4 nite stay i have had here and second great experience. david & denise offer a great value and great friendly experience right in the middle of cruz bay. from the hotel you can quickly get anywhere and depending on your night you are within stumbling distance to a cool little room with a comfortable bed. i could talk about the great value but instead i will suggest it is just a great little place to rest your head and be within walking distance of the best St. John has to offer. at minimum just walk across the street to the Lime Inn restaurant and have a great dinner before hitting the sack on night one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bruce m
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My review is long overdue, it's hard to believe it's been 9 months since my amazing trip to St. John. I only spent one night at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel before heading to stay with friends at their house. But, my one night was perfect and just what I needed after a long day of travel. David and Denise made sure I had everything I needed, made an excellent recommendation for dinner and the next day even drove me with all my luggage and groceries to my friend's house. They truly went above and beyond. The hotel is clean, comfortable and I felt very safe as a single woman traveling alone. My only feedback on the room I stayed in would be black-out curtains as the street lights made it a bit difficult for me to sleep deeply. That said, I would stay there in a heartbeat if I have the opportunity to come back to beautiful St. John!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My fiancé and I vacationed in St John and stayed at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. We did a lot of research on accommodations in St John prior to booking our trip. We can confidently say that the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel is the best deal on the island.

The location in downtown Cruz Bay is ideal. We were within a couple blocks of many restaurants, bars, and beaches. We walked everywhere, including some nearby beaches, although we did rent a jeep one day in order to see the entire North Shore of the island.

The hotel itself was perfect for us. Our room was newly renovated and very clean. Room and sheets are cleaned daily, which was nice considering we brought back a lot of sand from our daily excursions! The hotel also provided beach towels, complimentary water bottles, and a wide selection of breakfast food every morning from 7-10am. This was really nice because we didn't have to eat out each morning and splurged on dinners instead (favorites: La Tapa, Rhumb Lines, Waterfront Bistro)

The owners of the hotel, David and Denise, were unbelievably helpful. My fiancé and I are getting married in St John next summer, and besides being a vacation, we were also looking into things for the wedding – restaurants for rehearsal dinner/reception, accommodations for guests, a place for the ceremony, etc. David and Denise pointed us in the right direction in every way possible. Aside from being professional and providing exceptional customer service, David and Denise are just really good people. We recommend St John and the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel to everyone and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 which is larger than some of the others and had a nice private balcony. We also...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderlustfan36
Reviewed August 8, 2012

After a long day of air travel, David and Denise made up feel VERY welcome and at home. The rooms were great with small fridge and satellite TV. Mornings were fabulous in the sitting area where we could chit chat with other guests and enjoy a wonderful breakfast of pastries, fruit, cereal, coffee and juice. David and Denise were amazing hosts and ALWAYS available to answer any questions we had, as well as offer advice on things to do and places to eat.

We absolutely loved Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel and would recommend it to others!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!